Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Weekly IL Macro Challenge ending 8pm Sun. 10th of January 2021 - Ice/Ice Cold

bluesandtwos 11 466 1 England
4 Jan 2021 10:23AM
Right, here we go then chaps and chapess's,

As it's getting a tad nippy around the gills (lower parts of ones anatomy also included) this time of year, my singular and somewhat lonely grey cell has decided that this weeks challenge will be 'ice' and/or 'ice cold'.

Not that, as a newcomer to the challenges here, I would like to influence anyones thoughts on their choice of interpretation other than to say that due to a lack of Matrons Medication ( I believe Sir Graham has been keeping it all for himself) I lean toward the unusual...Oh, ok, downright weird!

Best of luck everyone.Smile

The rules:
1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. YOUR IMAGE MUST BE TAKEN AFTER THE THEME IS ANNOUNCED.
3. The image must be uploaded in a comment in this thread by 8pm (UK time) on the following Sunday
4. Only one upload per member
5. The person who hosts is the judge for that week's challenge and the judge’s decision is final
6. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
7. Photos in the thread, no links.
8. For new participants - if you win, you will have to set and judge the next week's challenge.
9. Please DO NOT stick your tonque or any other soft tissue parts of your body onto anything really cold they will get stuck.
10. If you ignore 9. please PM me a picture, I do enjoy a good laugh!
SlowSong Plus
12 9.5k 30 England
4 Jan 2021 12:15PM

Quote: it's getting a tad nippy around the gills (lower parts of ones anatomy also included

Yes, my toes are getting cold too. Wink
philstan 4 537 United Kingdom
8 Jan 2021 3:07PM
DaveRyder Plus
6 5.0k 7 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2021 9:59AM
It seems Phil and I had a similar idea........

253884_1610186361.jpg
EXIF
I found this "reversicle" growing out of a jam jar on my garden table this morning. There is nothing above it but sky so I think it may have developed upwards from a bit of algae or moss on the surface, but I am guessing really. Nature never ceases to amaze me.

314095_1610285965.jpg
EXIF
saltireblue Plus
10 11.4k 70 Norway
10 Jan 2021 1:47PM
As a step in the process to reduce global plastic usage, frozen peas are now being sold in this manner.128530_1610286374.jpg
EXIF
DaveRyder Plus
6 5.0k 7 United Kingdom
10 Jan 2021 2:13PM

Quote:As a step in the process to reduce global plastic usage, frozen peas are now being sold in this manner.128530_1610286374.jpg
EXIF

Not putting that in my scotch.....
EddieAC Plus
16 2.9k 2 United Kingdom
10 Jan 2021 7:42PM
28689_1610307352.jpg
EXIF

Frozen Assets

I guess what you have when you have money tied up in something and can't get to it immediately. I need someone with a hammer to help me get the coins out now. Thaw....Where are you? Smile
10 Jan 2021 8:03PM
Times up folks!Smile
I will find my glasses, make a cuppa and return very soon.
Dave
10 Jan 2021 8:37PM
Right here we go Smile
Philip and Dave's frozen leaves, really liked the ice Crystal's defined.
Andrew's upside down icicle fascinated my easily pleasured brain. I would have liked to have seen that for real!
Eddie's frozen assets, well what can I say, it was my frozen asset that prompted this weeks subject, and a great bit of off the wall thinking. Nice one Eddie.
But it was Malcs depiction of frozen alien testicles, having travelled light years through space to impregnate this third rock from the Sun that really floated my boat! Beautifully lit and pictured, and a great idea too!
So, as a virgin judge ( I get to judge virgins???Grin) I vote Malc as this weeks winner. Well done that man.
Dave
DaveRyder Plus
6 5.0k 7 United Kingdom
10 Jan 2021 8:49PM
Well Malc and thanks to you too Dave for keeping us occupied this week.
philstan 4 537 United Kingdom
10 Jan 2021 8:58PM
Good one Malc and thank you Dave for the chilled challenge.
EddieAC Plus
16 2.9k 2 United Kingdom
10 Jan 2021 9:09PM
Well done Malc, is that the first Podcast on ePHOTOzine? Smile

Thankyou Dave for a cool first run challenge!! Smile
saltireblue Plus
10 11.4k 70 Norway
10 Jan 2021 9:17PM
Well, I'd go to the bottom of our stairs, if I didn't live in a bungalow...
Greetings from the frozen North, where frozen produce can mean a lot more than just products in the freezer section of your local supermarket.

Great entries, one and all, and even greater judging from the newbie.Wink Bet it feels good to have lost your cherry in that respect, Dave.Wink

Please bare with me - no, keep your clothes on, I meant bear with me until tomorrow for the new challenge, my mind is slightly addled - didn't take enough pea-ice in my whisky.Blush
10 Jan 2021 9:33PM
Too late...I'm bare...Blush

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.