Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Weekly IL Macro Challenge ending 8pm Sun. 11th April 2021 - Sweet things (incl. chocolate!)

As I seem to have acquired surplus chocolate over the last 24 hours it seems like an idea for a theme. It doesn't have to be chocolate; anything sweet will do, including ingredients (maybe Malc will have some ideas). All entries should be eaten by the closing date of the challenge.

Rules:
1.The challenge is just for fun.
2. YOUR IMAGE MUST BE TAKEN AFTER THE THEME IS ANNOUNCED.
3. The image must be uploaded in a comment in this thread by 8pm (UK time) on the following Sunday
4. Only one upload per member
5. The person who hosts is the judge for that week's challenge and the judge’s decision is final
6. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
7. Photos in the thread, no links.
8. For new participants - if you win, you will have to set and judge the next week's challenge.
And here is some inspiration:

314095_1617624708.jpg
EXIF
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.3k 9 United Kingdom
5 Apr 2021 4:15PM
I'm going to enjoy this one.
Might have to try a few different topics before deciding.
Ha - Topics! Remember them? - "A hazelnut in every bite". Mind you, they use to be bigger, like Mars Bars. And they were only 6d (that's 2 1/2 P for the benefit of the younger members of the group).
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
5 Apr 2021 6:01PM

Quote:Ha - Topics! Remember them? - "A hazelnut in every bite". Mind you, they use to be bigger, like Mars Bars. And they were only 6d (that's 2 1/2 P for the benefit of the younger members of the group).

My ex-father-in-law used to measure inflation by how many Mars you could buy for £1...
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.3k 9 United Kingdom
5 Apr 2021 6:13PM
Old Jamaica Rum & Raisen..... the best.
Grandson got me a few bars for my birthday, then ate half of them 😂
6 Apr 2021 8:02AM
When I was a kid we had a family friend who was a Mars rep. He used to travel round the small local shops checking their stock, looking for out of date goods.

Back then, apparently the shop owners bought on a sale or return basis, as I understand (but I was only a kid so I may have that bit wrong).

He would remove offending old bars and replace them with new ones. Thus he always had a car boot full of out of date chocs.

Needless to say, it was always a treat, when he visited to 'help him out' by testing a few to see just how much of the white sugar had risen to the surface.

Never made one jot of difference to my taste buds! 😋😆😂🤣
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.3k 9 United Kingdom
8 Apr 2021 7:01PM
10 Apr 2021 2:00PM
A fusion of fruits and sweet stuff Grin

328670_1618059145.jpg
EXIF

Base layer Golden Syrup, sprinkled with Demerara Sugar, White Sugar and drinking chocolate, a spoonful of Set Honey and mixed fruits from the freezer.

After the shoot, added Ginger and hot water in the blender and a little touch of Rum for taste.

Delicious, must remember this one GrinGrinGrinGrinGrin
Just a reminder that all those lovely sweet things still waiting to be prepared need to be on the table by 8pm tomorrow Smile

And now off to nibble on the remains of the Easter bunny (a sumptuous medley of white and milk chocolate, according to the blurb).
petebfrance 9 3.0k France
11 Apr 2021 12:44PM
184684_1618141297.jpg
EXIF

Skittles
I tried them unbitten, but they looked boring!
Manual lens at F5.6 plus extension tube.
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
11 Apr 2021 12:54PM
A bowl full of the Norwegian equivalent of Quality Street - Twist.
128530_1618142053.jpg
EXIF

A stack of several shots taken using the Laowa 65mm 2:1 Macro lens.
Aperture: f/16
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
11 Apr 2021 2:49PM
28689_1618148819.jpg
EXIF

Chocolate Marzipan

I do like Marzipan in cakes and also this chocolate bar from Ritter Sport. I originally was going to use the last bit of my Bournville left over from Easter but my nine year old son made this impossible. Tongue
11 Apr 2021 6:38PM
319198_1618162431.jpg
EXIF

This is a picture of one of the chocolates from my Xmas box (yes, I still have some left! Haven't even started the Easter ones yet. 😇 )
Taken in natural light on my kitchen table.
I treated myself to some new Kenko extension tubes - this is the first time I've used them. Very pleased with them, I have to say. 😊

11 Apr 2021 10:11PM
What a lovely bunch of treats Smile

I notice a bit of a theme of cutting or biting something so that it has to be eaten afterwards, and Dave's (Imagery Dave) liquidiser treatment. Malc's entry was the only one in which no chocolates were a harmed during the making of the image.

Dave (R) - just look at that sugary goodness oozing from its chocolate prison. Nice crisp image too. On a separate note, how is Mrs D and did you save any for her?

Dave (imagery) - interesting mix which I'm sure tasted as great as it looked. The rum is a nice touch.

Pete - a fascinating glimpse into the inner world of a Skittle with great detail. Not sure it makes me want to eat them though.

Malc - had it been a video you could have said it was a wrap. Nice to see a different take on the theme and the focus stack worked well.

Eddie - an apparently self-supporting piece of chocolate bar. I always said sweets were an essential part of a balanced diet. Great depth of field, stands out well and love the colour pop too.

Linda - great fun with the tubes and a lovely composition. I see you have cut the rolo in half; I wonder if that means you would share it, or whether you would just savour the two halves as being greater than the whole.

Enough sweet talking, time for a decision, and I can now tell you that the first person organising next week's competition is .... Eddie. Well done and over to you Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.