Save 50% on inPixio Photo Studio Pro

Weekly IL Macro Challenge ending 8pm Sun. 24th of January 2021 - Spooky, Scary or Creepy (but not crawly)

bluesandtwos 11 506 1 England
18 Jan 2021 9:47AM
Your challenge this week is to produce images of something which is Spooky, Scary or Creepy (but not crawly),
Let your imagination run riot, let those voices in your head be heard, let the Force be with you.Wink

Some rules to take into consideration:

The rules:
1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. YOUR IMAGE MUST BE TAKEN AFTER THE THEME IS ANNOUNCED.
3. The image must be uploaded in a comment in this thread by 8pm (UK time) on the following Sunday
4. Only one upload per member
5. The person who hosts is the judge for that week's challenge and the judge’s decision is final
6. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
7. Photos in the thread, no links.
8. For new participants - if you win, you will have to set and judge the next week's challenge.
9. The judge reserves the right to give a special award to any images that invoke the soiling of ones undergarments.
10. It is acceptable, for one week only, to disinter ancesters, yours or those of others, in the interest of Art.
DaveRyder Plus
6 5.1k 8 United Kingdom
18 Jan 2021 3:50PM
From our Grandsons Lego Scooby Do sets....

Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman.

253884_1610985014.jpg
EXIF
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
20 Jan 2021 7:20PM
I will have to find a subject already contained in-house this week as my wife is now positive with a certain virus and so far my test result has not come back yet. We have to stay isolated until Tuesday but we are all perfectly okay.
DaveRyder Plus
6 5.1k 8 United Kingdom
20 Jan 2021 8:18PM

Quote:I will have to find a subject already contained in-house this week as my wife is now positive with a certain virus and so far my test result has not come back yet. We have to stay isolated until Tuesday but we are all perfectly okay.

Hope you're all OK over the next few days and weeks especially.
saltireblue Plus
10 11.6k 72 Norway
20 Jan 2021 8:54PM
Best wishes to you all, Eddie - as for finding a subject, just take a selfie, that's more than scary and spooky enough!🤣🤣
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
20 Jan 2021 9:22PM
Many thanks Dave & Malc!! Smile

My test result now back and it's a big fat "+".

Quote:Hope you're all OK over the next few days and weeks especially.

Many thanks Dave! We are all fine, no issues apart from a minor symptom or two so I am not concerned at this point.

Quote: just take a selfie, that's more than scary and spooky enough!

Damn didn't think of that. I should have hung a photo of a selfie on my front door, the virus would never dared to enter then!! Smile

bluesandtwos 11 506 1 England
21 Jan 2021 10:29AM
Eddie, best wishes to you and your good lady. I hope the bug passes quickly and with no real effect!

Stay safe,

Dave
21 Jan 2021 6:17PM
Pewter Dragon..... The whole model is 4" ( 10 cm ) tall.

328670_1611253023.jpg
EXIF
saltireblue Plus
10 11.6k 72 Norway
22 Jan 2021 12:54PM
Struggling a bit to find something suitable, but will come up with something, have no fear! The only thing I have found in the house that is spooky and scary is mrs. salty, but cannot figure out how to get a macro image of her at her scariest...Wink
22 Jan 2021 12:56PM

Quote:Struggling a bit to find something suitable, but will come up with something, have no fear! The only thing I have found in the house that is spooky and scary is mrs. salty, but cannot figure out how to get a macro image of her at her scariest...Wink

Just show her this post TongueTongueTongueTongue
23 Jan 2021 9:18PM
Hi - I'm back! Missed you guys, you know.

I had to take a few weeks out due to pressures of work - and we were busy getting our house ready to go on the market too. Busy, busy, busy! So, with that all done, and having had chance to recharge the batteries, I logged back in to see what the challenge was. And it became instantly clear that a lot has happened in my absence. 😢 And now I see Eddie has had some bad news too - hope everyone's doing OK Eddie - thinking of you!

So, without further ado, I'm just going to get straight down to business. And the business this week is all things scary or spooky. Well, not sure I can really deliver on that one, but I've had a go. It's not a macro, but I'm hoping it classes as a close up - Dave will, of course, be the judge of that one. But whatever the final verdict on that one, here is my humble offering for the week....

319198_1611436454.jpg
EXIF

Don't have nightmares - see you tomorrow evening. 😊
philstan 4 555 United Kingdom
24 Jan 2021 1:42PM
I spy.....
299484_1611495718.jpg
EXIF
saltireblue Plus
10 11.6k 72 Norway
24 Jan 2021 2:49PM
The Keeper of the Crystal, the source of all his powers...
128530_1611499778.jpg
EXIF

Noting more scary than the natural world (or our interpretation of it, anyway).

314095_1611501248.jpg
EXIF
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
24 Jan 2021 7:52PM
28689_1611517621.jpg
EXIF

The enemy within

A little low on inspiration this week so decided to go with a current event.

This lock has been on since earlier this week when we found out both my wife and I are positive for Covid-19. We are both okay and I have had worse colds so am not concerned at this point.

Locks like this are usually left on to prevent the outside from getting in (especially in a scary movie) but this one is on to stop us from going outside. Smile I'm hoping the visual of the lock and knowing about an unseen enemy will come across as creepy/scary. Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.