Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Weekly IL Macro Challenge ending 8pm Sun. 28th March 2021 - Personal Grooming

DaveRyder Plus
7 5.3k 9 United Kingdom
28 Mar 2021 8:05PM

Quote:
This is the air inlet end of my trusty old hairdryer.

Some years ago I tested Mrs D tolerance of me.
I'd had my Lotus resprayed and was replacing the rubber body strip that needed heating to mould around the curve of the body while the adhesive held.... yep her hair drier was ideal, or so I thought. 😂😎
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
28 Mar 2021 8:13PM
Some comments...

Dave: So many teeth yet only one lonesome hair captured. Is it operator error or defect machinery?

Pete: The jaws of an alien insect...quite scary!

David (as opposed to Dave): I do hope that is hair from the upper body...certainly enough of it...could be my nasal and ear hair!Blush

Andrew: The best a man can get? (Other brands are available)

Linda: I remember as a kid mum had a cylinder hoover which sucked and blew. I used to take great delight in attaching the hose to the wrong end when she wasn't looking...

OK...instant decision for once as I am feeling slightly under the weather and ready for my bed soon (we are an hour ahead of the UK)

Tricky, as I was torn between three images in the end, so this is a case where a joint winner could be useful, but as we all know it can't be.

The baton d'honeur this week goes to none other than Pete (in France) for his alien inspired jaws.

Well done to you all and we'll all meet up next week, I hope.
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
28 Mar 2021 8:20PM
Well done to Pete in France and many thanks to Malc for this week!! Smile
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.3k 9 United Kingdom
28 Mar 2021 8:22PM
Well done Peter, clipped us all at the post...
Nice challenge Malc, thank you.
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
28 Mar 2021 8:49PM
Eddie... apologies for forgetting you in my comments Blush
I thought that device would open up and swallow a spaceship a la James Bond...
28 Mar 2021 8:57PM
Well done Pete. I don't know about aliens, it looks like a jolly little man driving the show! Chad, maybe. Wot no nails?!

And thanks to Malc for keeping us all entertained and spruced up this week.
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
28 Mar 2021 9:04PM

Quote:Eddie... apologies for forgetting you in my comments Blush
I thought that device would open up and swallow a spaceship a la James Bond...

Ahh yes "You only live twice". One of my favourite Bond films. I actually thought you may have tried the device and it made you sneeze which cause you not to add the comment originally. Grin

Quote:This is what a hairdryer looks like after approximately 30 years of faithful service.

How did you get your parents to give you a hairdryer when you only two years old? Smile
28 Mar 2021 9:06PM

Quote:
I'd had my Lotus resprayed and was replacing the rubber body strip that needed heating to mould around the curve of the body while the adhesive held.... yep her hair drier was ideal, or so I thought. 😂😎

Yep! My mum suffered the same ordeal with my dad. Many times. And, I'm sure, for many other reasons too! Straightening out curtain track springs to mind. 😂
Well done Pete - a snappy shot - and thanks Malc for the challenge this week.
28 Mar 2021 9:13PM

Quote:How did you get your parents to give you a hairdryer when you only two years old? Smile

The hairdryer has given 30 years of faithful service, but not necessarily always to me. It was handed down to me 10 years ago when I was in my early 20s...or something... or... maybe... or... err.... maybe I should stop digging now...
🤔😳😆....Blush
petebfrance 9 3.0k France
28 Mar 2021 9:43PM
Gosh, thanks Malc (I think!) - I just logged on to do my usual 'well done...' message!
Really enjoyable challenge and loved the images, but I'll have to think a bit about the next one because these seem to be getting more and more imaginative! Will be back ASAP.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.