Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Weekly IL Macro Challenge ending 8pm Sun. 31st January 2021 - The animated inanimate

25 Jan 2021 5:25PM
Your challenge this week is to produce images of something inanimate (or part of it) which appears to be showing an identifiable emotion.

You may, if you wish, use figures and figurines you happen to have lying around the home. But what I really want to see (and for which I will definitely be awarding double bonus points!!! 😉 ) is something that has stretched that creative muscle of yours. Can you come up with something using an inanimate object that doesn’t have a (human or animal) face on it?

You may ‘adapt’ objects if you wish e.g. by arranging them strategically, bending them, adding stickers or embellishments, drawing on them, etc. Or it may just be something that catches your eye that appears to be displaying an emotion if you look at it at the right angle/in the right light. The only thing that I’m going to disallow this week is a sheet of paper with a drawing on it - too obvious - I know you can do better than that!

The rules:
1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. YOUR IMAGE MUST BE TAKEN AFTER THE THEME IS ANNOUNCED.
3. The image must be uploaded in a comment in this thread by 8pm (UK time) on the following Sunday
4. Only one upload per member
5. The person who hosts is the judge for that week's challenge and the judge’s decision is final
6. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
7. Photos in the thread, no links.
8. For new participants - if you win, you will have to set and judge the next week's challenge.
9. The judge accepts no responsibility nor liability, economic or otherwise, for any damage or injury caused to valuable antiquities that have been adulterated in the name of this challenge - please use permanent markers and other forms of 'adaptations' responsibly.

bluesandtwos 11 505 1 England
25 Jan 2021 8:16PM
Crikey that's going to get the little grey cells agitated!Grin That's a three cuppa challenge....maybe even four!
Nice one.
Dave
25 Jan 2021 8:35PM
I have an idea what I'd be doing for this one. If I get chance tomorrow or Wednesday I'll give it a go in the spirit of the newest suggestion.

If I can't pull it off, I might just have to post one I've seen online as inspiration instead...if that's allowed (?)... Credited, of course.
26 Jan 2021 9:13AM
Now I'm the Newbie here at Challenge Mansions, so I may well be wrong but I see no reason why you shouldn't post an online one. My only suggestion would be maybe to leave posting to nearer the end so as not to influence us mortals. More than ever I think we need the mental stimulation !!! Grin
But you can, of course, post whenever you choose. SmileSmileSmile

Dave
26 Jan 2021 1:00PM
Okie dokie. I'll hang fire for a few days then...busy anyway, so that suits me. Tongue
26 Jan 2021 5:25PM
Hope this fits Wink

Gingerbread dough overcooked, sugar for teeth,Flax for hair, dried sunflower seeds for eyes

328670_1611681888.jpg
EXIF

26 Jan 2021 6:16PM
I think that fits the brief! 🙂
Hope you had fun making it!
26 Jan 2021 7:20PM
Good job I cook Grin
29 Jan 2021 4:03PM
113886_1611935882.jpg
EXIF

At the Ballet....encompassing ( dohBlush) if you have a more risque imagination, a night at the Burlesque Club.Smile
DaveRyder Plus
6 5.1k 8 United Kingdom
30 Jan 2021 2:14PM
30 Jan 2021 9:43PM
Okie dokie folks. Less than 24 hours left to bring some inanimate objects to life.

In line with the new rules - and in good old fashioned Blue Peter fashion - here is one I prepared earlier this evening. It was just taken on my phone as I was multi-tasking. I was challenged elsewhere to take a photo using only my phone and post it completely unedited! 😳

So here it is for you, completely in the rough...

319198_1612042879.jpg
EXIF

Hopefully that will inspire anyone who needs it. See you tomorrow evening. 🙂
31 Jan 2021 8:55AM
That's brilliant !!!Smile
Dave
philstan 4 555 United Kingdom
31 Jan 2021 10:06AM
299484_1612087471.jpg
EXIF

Reaching out at a time of social distancing.
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
31 Jan 2021 1:24PM
28689_1612099090.jpg
EXIF

Poking out my tongue

A used can of soup with the ring pull sticking out. There are what could be called Eyes, Nose and Mouth and the ring pull looks like he could be blowing a Raspberry. I decided to light it with a torch and a few coloured gels as it looked boring with natural light.
saltireblue Plus
10 11.6k 72 Norway
31 Jan 2021 3:30PM
When lock-down finally ends and you get to meet again...
128530_1612107034.jpg
EXIF

Garden ties and a stock image...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.