Save 50% on inPixio Photo Studio Pro

Weekly IL Macro Challenge ending 8pm Sun. 31st January 2021 - The animated inanimate

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the peg bag ........
314095_1612110213.jpg
EXIF

31 Jan 2021 8:03PM
OK peeps. That's your lot for this week.
I'll be back ASAP to announce the winner. Smile
31 Jan 2021 9:18PM
First of all, let me ask – has this group suddenly become a convention for Daves in my absence?!! Good to have you all with us, but my little brain is easily confused!!!! So forgive me if I confuse you all at any point.

Well, without further ado, let’s get down to business...

Dave (Imageryonly) – I see you’ve been getting creative in the kitchen this week. I admire your dedication to the cause. Just wondering if you were brave enough to show the end result to your model and, if so, how that went?!!! Great idea – hope you enjoyed eating the results. Wink

Dave (bluesandtwos) – your interpretation of the theme was definitely "en pointe" (see what I did there? Blush ) What an elegant trio of dancers you have in the spotlight there. Nicel! But I’m intrigued to know how it was done. I’m assuming a torch/flash above and edit out some strings holding them up (???!) Great end result, whatever the approach.

Dave (Ryder) – you’re a softie at heart aren’t you?! That’s a lovely mug. And it’s clear that Mrs Ryder is well loved by the whole family. Nice shot with a lovely soft edge. Like it! Smile

Phil – A couple of paper clips in love. Nice use of side lighting there. The one on the right (as we look at the image) looks rather shy or bashful don’t you think? When all this is over, do you think they’ll hook up?! Blush Another nice one there Phil.

Eddie – sticking your tongue out – how rude?! Grin But seriously, that’s a nice shot. I like the use of the coloured gels to add interest. (I got some speedlights for Xmas and they come with some gels – yet to try them out but I think you just inspired me). Well spotted and well captured.

Malc – another loved-up couple (is there something in the air this week? Am I missing something?!) Garden ties this time. Another nice interpretation – do you think they’re going to tie the knot any time soon? (Sorry Blush ) I feel like I need a copy of this as a Valentine’s card for Mr PL next month – I might have to ‘borrow’ the idea, or something similar.

And last but by no means least, Andrew – A clothes peg this time. Looking particularly menacing and rather crocodile-esque. Although it could equally be a beak on a bird. Either way, that poor lady appears to have come to a tragic end! I like the way you’ve cropped it so the spring appears to be an eye – great idea.

OK. Thank you all for indulging me this week. So now I guess I have to take the punishment and do the tricky bit – call a winner.

As always, any one of them could have been a winner - it certainly wasn't easy. I went backwards and forwards between a number of them a long time before I made a decision. But make a decision I must. And this week I'm going to pass the baton over to Malc (sorry!) I feel like you could make a whole series of images out of that idea. A very polished and professional end result that is worthy of more than just this baton, but there you go! Congratulations.

31 Jan 2021 9:30PM
Well reasoned , Linda, and congrats to Malc. Well done.SmileSmile

Do you think I am going GaGa? Show it to the model? I want to see my next Birthday ! GrinGrinGrin
David
DaveRyder Plus
6 5.1k 8 United Kingdom
31 Jan 2021 9:35PM
Well done Malc and thanks Linda, I'll pass your comments to Mrs D.
bluesandtwos 11 506 1 England
31 Jan 2021 9:41PM
Well done Malc, to save confusion should we rename you Dave?
Thank you Davina Grin for a great topic to play with, really got the little grey cell (singular) working!
And well done all for some great entries, I loved Linda's dead match, brilliant!
Yes, a torch from above but no string. The base was soft wood so I just stuck the compass points in and they stood up nicely!
Thanks all.
Dave...but which one!Grin
saltireblue Plus
10 11.6k 72 Norway
31 Jan 2021 9:46PM
Well, many thanks, Linda - I think..Wink
A really excellent crop of entries this week with a lot of thought put in to them All.

I'll get some beauty sleep before posting a new challenge for you all to get your teeth into.

Dave aka Malc
philstan 4 555 United Kingdom
31 Jan 2021 9:51PM
Well done Dave Malc. Thanks Linda for the challenge. Just off now to change my name to fit in. Smile
31 Jan 2021 10:04PM
Well done Malc and thanks to Linda for a thought-provoking challenge.
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
1 Feb 2021 10:17AM
Well done to Malc and many thanks Linda for running the show. Hope you find some food use for the gels. Mine are for speedlights also and I just held them in front of a torch. Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.