Save An Extra 15% On All Regatta Clearance Jackets & Coats use code: JACKET15

Weekly IL Macro Challenge ending 8pm Sun. 4th April 2021 - Hobbies

petebfrance 9 3.0k France
28 Mar 2021 10:00PM
As I can't really think of anything myself I thought the best idea was to leave it to you to chose. So anything related to a hobby - well, it could be your hobby or somebody else's, come to think of it.
I'll try to do an 'example' photo tomorrow, but it's getting late here.

Usual rules apply (I wonder, do hobbies have rules)

Rules:
1.The challenge is just for fun.
2. YOUR IMAGE MUST BE TAKEN AFTER THE THEME IS ANNOUNCED.
3. The image must be uploaded in a comment in this thread by 8pm (UK time) on the following Sunday
4. Only one upload per member
5. The person who hosts is the judge for that week's challenge and the judge’s decision is final
6. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
7. Photos in the thread, no links.
8. For new participants - if you win, you will have to set and judge the next week's challenge.
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
29 Mar 2021 7:44AM
That's restricted the choice a bit as images requiring an Adult tag are not allowed in the forums...Wink
29 Mar 2021 12:01PM
What about decorating, Malc? I got the impression you were rather fond of thatWink

Anyway, you can always go for something that I think more adults than children have as a hobby - model trains!:
184684_1617015344.jpg
EXIF

Note, incidentally the 'hazing' (mentioned by Linda in another thread) which I've tried to minimise by extra contrast and sharpening. This is really annoying and I think happens (mostly) with side-lighting. I may be forced to actually spend money on a macro lens instead of using my 13 extension tubesSad
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
29 Mar 2021 1:15PM

Quote:What about decorating, Malc? I got the impression you were rather fond of that

Decorating? The spawn of the Devil! I'd rather stick red-hot pokers in both eyes, but it has to be done. Mrs. salty hasn't a clue, poor soul, and I am too tight to pay someone to do it.
WinkWink
29 Mar 2021 1:56PM
I can't stand it myself. Usually end up wheezing like some leaky bag-pipes and with a thumping headache due to whatever they put in the paint. Even if you get somebody in to do it (no, I won't pay for that either) I suspect that the effect would be the same. Anyway, I think our house has got past the stage of needing decorating and needs renovating. Probably time to buy another one, the ash-trays are full*Wink

*just in case it's taken too literally, that's an old joke about why people trade in their Rolls Royces.
31 Mar 2021 11:38AM
Archimedes Screw Drill, used for very tiny holes in watches etc

328670_1617187031.jpg
EXIF
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.3k 9 United Kingdom
31 Mar 2021 8:08PM
Crosswords, I've done a few
But then again too few to mention
I did what I had to do
I checked it through on to completion
I penned each square of course
Each careful box along the line away
And more, much more than this
I did it my way
(because the answers are at the back)

253884_1617217671.jpg
EXIF
1 Apr 2021 11:11AM
Customary Thursday reminder now that the B&W Challenge has temporarily been put to bed. Let's see some hobby, hobby material and so on- all to play for!
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
3 Apr 2021 4:25PM
My hobby - other than photography, is cooking. I make, conservatively, 98% of the food consumed in our home. Not because Mrs. salty is a useless cook (she does read my posts occasionallyWink) but because I enjoy the process, especially experimenting with stock ingredients and whatever is in the fridge/fresh/freezer. Several of the dishes we eat regularly are the result of my experimenting with ingredients.
My image is the top end of a meat thermometer, in Norwegian.
128530_1617463498.jpg
EXIF
Mrs T is the more creative one in this house. I do have another hobby but it involves a boat to which access is restricted at the moment. So this is a detail from the edge of a Jacobean crewel-work panel. The complex string arrangement is how the fabric is stretched on the even more complex frame.

314095_1617475004.jpg
EXIF
4 Apr 2021 11:25AM
Gentle nudge to get your entry in before 8pm (GMT) otherwise you miss out on the chance to win the coveted prize of - er - setting the next challenge and judging itBlush
4 Apr 2021 7:31PM
I'm afraid I'm going to have to submit apologies this week rather than a photo. As it's the first time since before Xmas that I've been able to see my parents that's exactly what I did today before the weather turns decidedly wintery again and too cold for sitting in the garden. Which left too little time for photography. But next week...
Good luck everyone! 🙂
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
4 Apr 2021 7:37PM
Family are far more important than photography, Linda. Enjoy visiting with them!
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
4 Apr 2021 7:49PM
28689_1617561782.jpg
EXIF

Manual Controls

I had to be predictable in the end and plumped for a photography related entry, not that I get the chance to have too many hobbies with two live wires and a wife. Smile

This is the top plate with shutter speed/ISO wheel, exposures remaining/film rewind and shutter release for a Pentax SP1000 film camera.

I did have another idea in mind but it couldn't really be considered a hobby so photography it had to be. Smile
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
4 Apr 2021 7:52PM

Quote:I did have another idea in mind but it couldn't really be considered a hobby so photography it had to be.

If you don't make a living from it, then it's a hobby...Tongue

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.