bluesandtwos 11 505 1 England
7 Feb 2021 1:35PM
113886_1612704854.jpg
EXIF

The Moment of Conception.
saltireblue Plus
10 11.6k 72 Norway
7 Feb 2021 4:07PM
Four minutes under four hours left in order to combine your Perrier water with your sesame, rapeseed, sunflower, olive or whatever olil you favour for this challenge.
7 Feb 2021 7:47PM
Ok. This is MUCH harder than it looks!

My tripod won't reach out over the table and I don't appear to be able to angle my camera straight down when it's mounted. Probably need to buy a different kind of head for it. So I had to do hand-held from the side rather than above. A combination of wide aperture, high ISO and the light on my mobile phone got me to a shutter speed I could manage.

So my shot is not what I suspect Malc had in mind when he set the challenge but, hey ho, there you go! It is what it is.
Couldn't decide which I liked best - all of them have their flaws to my mind. But this one is probably my preferred one from what I have.

Enjoy! Tongue

319198_1612727186.jpg
EXIF

saltireblue Plus
10 11.6k 72 Norway
7 Feb 2021 8:03PM
Thank you kindly, lady and erm, gentlemen...back soon with the results of the Norwegian jury - and I guarante no-one will get null points.
saltireblue Plus
10 11.6k 72 Norway
7 Feb 2021 8:19PM
Ok, then, here are your end of terms reports...

Andrew: A black hole. Astrophotography wasn't on the curriculum this term, but excellent use of your imaginative interpretation. No need to see me afterwards.

Phil: I see you have decided to take the advanced course, hopping right over the basic lessons. Diffraction will be next term, but you have a head start.

Eddie: Impatient as ever, expecting instant success. Your course work would benefit from a large dose of caster oil - no reason other than I would love to see the selfie as the taste hit your palate...Tongue

Dave: I can call you that without having to use your user name in addition as all the other Daves appear to be down the pub. The moment of conception? Did the heavens and earth move for you? Not many swimmers competing there...Wink

Linda: Been there, done that, got the t-shirt...and when I did get a tripod with a central leg that could be manipulated to go horizontally, I forgot all about the weight factor and my camera toppled over, lens first into the bowl. I actually like that abstract look to the finished article, so well don on unintentionally coming up with a new angle - literally.

Back soon with the envelope.
saltireblue Plus
10 11.6k 72 Norway
7 Feb 2021 8:22PM
Juggling between two at the moment...more red needed - don't go away...
7 Feb 2021 8:30PM
My suspenders are killing me !Grin
saltireblue Plus
10 11.6k 72 Norway
7 Feb 2021 8:33PM
As usual, not easy to choose a winner, but in the end the decision has been made.
The winner, with what I interpret as a galactic scene, with a large planet, in shadow because of an eclipse, a smaller moon circling in the light of its sun and very distant explosions caused by exploding dwarf planets, ehm...where was I...oh yes, congrats to Andrew. The baton d'honeur is well and truly yours for the next week..

Excellent images form all entrants, and special 'well dones' to those making their first attempts at what is not as easy a subject as it looks...
7 Feb 2021 8:34PM

Quote:My suspenders are killing me !Grin

Pay back time! Try wearing them all day!!!!
saltireblue Plus
10 11.6k 72 Norway
7 Feb 2021 8:36PM

Quote:
Quote:My suspenders are killing me !Grin

Pay back time! Try wearing them all day!!!!

Now there's an image I'd like to see... Dave in sussies...Tongue
7 Feb 2021 8:38PM
Well done Andrew. Great image. Deserved winner.

And thanks to Malc for the challenge. It was my phone that ended up in the water rather than my camera, thankfully. Phone survived thanks to the case which protected it well. Phew! But good to know others have felt my pain too. Blush
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
7 Feb 2021 8:40PM
Well done Andrew and many thanks to Malc for the challenge!!

Oil see you all in the next one.....
7 Feb 2021 8:47PM
Well done that man ! And thank you Malc for getting me to try something new.....that's oil on water...not suspenders...they're my usual at weekends.Blush
philstan 4 555 United Kingdom
7 Feb 2021 9:28PM
Well done Andrew and thanks for oiling the wheels this week Malc.
Thanks Malc for the challenge and the baton Smile Thinking cap now firmly on overnight, back tomorrow with an idea (I hope).

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.