50% Off Portrait Pro + An Extra 15% For EPZ Members With Code: EPZ421

Weekly IL Macro Challenge ending 8pm Sunday 14th March 2021 - Smoke and/or Fire

bluesandtwos 11 519 1 England
8 Mar 2021 9:03AM
Ok folks, here we go again. Smile
The topic for the week is Smoke and/or Fire. I have to admit I haven't tried to do this myself yet so no example from me....maybe later.
Being macro may I suggest be careful with lens hoods and naked flames!!! And it's no good trying to sue me as I'm broke!Grin
Interpret as you will ( you lot would anyway Grin)
The topic of Smoke and Fire was brought to my mind as I tried to cook the pasta from the last challenge....doesn't pasta stink when it has boiled dry! GrinGrinGrin

The Rules:

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. YOUR IMAGE MUST BE TAKEN AFTER THE THEME IS ANNOUNCED.
3. The image must be uploaded in a comment in this thread by 8pm (UK time) on the following Sunday
4. Only one upload per member
5. The person who hosts is the judge for that week's challenge and the judge’s decision is final
6. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
7. Photos in the thread, no links.
8. For new participants - if you win, you will have to set and judge the next week's challenge.
9. Remember to upload by 8pm on Sunday. And remember, a 999 call brings the jolly red bus with blue lights to your door in minutes. ( uk only !)
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.3k 9 United Kingdom
8 Mar 2021 3:10PM
A bit at odds with last weeks so thought I'd better get in early with this one.
I really need a button like this for many other things... to some simply a Smoke Detector (more accurate).
But I can wish.

253884_1615216240.jpg
EXIF
14 Mar 2021 10:50AM
319198_1615718575.jpg
EXIF

"Come and call the fire brigade"

As soon as I saw this challenge announced I knew I was going to play around with matchsticks again. But I didn't really know what I was going to do with them. And then this idea struck - well, I couldn't resist! Bit of fun. Tongue

Hope you enjoy. See you later peeps! Grin
14 Mar 2021 10:57AM
Just wondering what exactly Dave R wants to be able to 'push to hush' in his life? 🤔
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.3k 9 United Kingdom
14 Mar 2021 11:09AM

Quote:Just wondering what exactly Dave R wants to be able to 'push to hush' in his life? 🤔

You'd need a sheet of A4 and a new pen 😂😂🤣
14 Mar 2021 12:47PM
The wick inside the flame of a tea light. You can see the wax coming through in little droplets if you zoom in.

314095_1615726012.jpg
EXIF
14 Mar 2021 12:48PM
A bit late Grin but here is my humble offering!
113886_1615725981.jpg
EXIF

It's of a very hot model called Jos, full name Jos Stick. Grin

saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
14 Mar 2021 2:42PM
128530_1615732748.jpg
EXIF

I wanted to include both smoke and fire if possible. Glowing embers on the end of a tiny splinter of firewood, surrounded by smoke, having blown out the flames while making a wish. I did that 'cause I never get a cake with candles on my birthdays, so have to improvise...

16mm and 11mm extension rings used.
14 Mar 2021 5:57PM

Quote: I never get a cake with candles on my birthdays

To be fair, there comes a point in everybody's life when it's probably safer that way. Blush (I include myself in that category btw). Wink

Have this one on me... 🎂
Consider it belated from your last birthday, or early for your next one, whichever fits best.
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.3k 9 United Kingdom
14 Mar 2021 6:26PM

Quote:
Quote: I never get a cake with candles on my birthdays

To be fair, there comes a point in everybody's life when it's probably safer that way. Blush (I include myself in that category btw). Wink

Have this one on me... 🎂
Consider it belated from your last birthday, or early for your next one, whichever fits best.

I'm 62yrs later this month.
That's a big cake and significant lung capacity...fortunately in hexadecimal 62 is 3E so two candles a number 3 and a letter E will do it.
Mathematics to the rescue. 😁🤨
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
14 Mar 2021 6:31PM
That's very kind of you, Linda, I shall print it out and stick it on top of a cupcake next time they on the baking menu.Smile
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
14 Mar 2021 7:26PM
28689_1615749822.jpg
EXIF

Blown Out

I was leaving it a bit late again but duty calls and I had to come up with something. A bit of a lip selfie but at least the match had been blown out and no highlights. Wink
14 Mar 2021 8:07PM
Times up folks. Thank you all for playing.
I shall make a cuppa and peruse your offerings!Grin
14 Mar 2021 8:46PM
Just had to look up the hexadecimal system to see what it was. I'm converted. Thanks Dave! 😎
14 Mar 2021 9:13PM
Ok folks, tried to do this on a borrowed I pad but failed so on my phone.Sad
Dave first out the trap with a nice crisp image.
Linda always enjoy your imagination. Hope you didnt set the smoke alarm off!
Andrew, loved it. It is the loch ness monster isnt it.Smile
Malc your stick looked like the head of some sort of serpent, but that probably says more about me.
Eddie, I hope you were blowing out and not fire eating!
Now the tricky bit, and before my texting thumb falls off, the winner, although not showing either smoke or fire has to be Dave for such a sideways take on the subject and such a crisp clean image.
Well done Dave. Well done all!!!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.