Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

Weekly IL Macro Challenge ending 8pm Sunday 17th October 2021 - Spiral

EddieAC 16 3.2k 2 United Kingdom
11 Oct 2021 11:11AM
New challenge for the week and I settled on the theme "Spiral", not in the topic list so that's a bonus.

So any object with a Spiral or anything that gives the impression of a Spiral. In the example below a cut a strip of paper, dipped both ends in water with different food colouring and then rolled it up once it was dry.

The Rules

1.The challenge is just for fun.
2. YOUR IMAGE MUST BE TAKEN AFTER THE THEME IS ANNOUNCED.
3. The image must be uploaded in a comment in this thread by 8pm (UK time) on the following Sunday
4. Only one upload per member
5. The person who hosts is the judge for that week's challenge and the judge’s decision is final
6. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
7. Photos in the thread, no links.
8. For new participants - if you win, you will have to set and judge the next week's challenge.
9. Try to put your own spin on your image.

The Example:

28689_1633947081.jpg
EXIF
Carabosse 18 41.7k 270 England
11 Oct 2021 3:06PM
Hmm.... will have to think about a new twist on the subjectSmile
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.8k 13 United Kingdom
11 Oct 2021 8:39PM
Nut and Bolt.... a Thread in a Thread

253884_1633981190.jpg
EXIF
12 Oct 2021 2:51AM
I thought I'd get my entry in before things spiral out of control! Tongue

The object is 2cm in diameter. 1/10sec at f8, ISO 1600.

9207_1634003188.jpg
EXIF
airfreq 12 214 United Kingdom
12 Oct 2021 5:22PM
saltireblue Plus
11 12.2k 76 Norway
12 Oct 2021 5:25PM

Quote:

Hi George. Good to see you participating in our weekly challenge, but the rules (see opening post) do state that your entry has to be taken after the theme is announced each week.
You are more than welcome to put in another entry in accordance with the rules.Smile
14 Oct 2021 11:43AM
The Black and White Challenge has been closed and opened again so now is the time to switch attentions from mono to mini and get going like you're on a Helter Skelter. Wink
petebfrance 9 3.1k France
16 Oct 2021 12:18PM
184684_1634382910.jpg
EXIF

Sea-shell
Manual lens at f11 plus extension tube. It's a rather small shell, less than 1.5cms across.
saltireblue Plus
11 12.2k 76 Norway
16 Oct 2021 2:34PM
Daddy, mummy and baby spiral...
Lens: Laowa 65mm 2:1 macro @ f/5.6
128530_1634391261.jpg
EXIF
As we've been gardening, I thought an image of a bulb would be appropriate,

314095_1634473193.jpg
EXIF

I shall miss the excitement of the judging tonight as we're away until tomorrow evening.
17 Oct 2021 8:05PM
Time is up. Back in a while with decision. Smile
17 Oct 2021 9:38PM
Okay before announcing the suspect who should be guilty of starting next week's theme, a line or two about each entry.

Dave - I am pleased to see that you don't have a nut allergy otherwise you may have needed to make a bolt for some antihistamine. A thread in a thread was exactlly what I thought when I saw the image on my smartphone now I read that you thought that too.

CB - That looks to me like part of a milk frother, well it looks to google like part of a milk frother as I had no idea but she's lied to me before. Is google female? I don't know that either.... anyway it's a nice image and I like the circular presentation of the whole image to go with the subject.

Airfreq (George) - Another nice image although as Malc commented it was taken prior to the challenge being started so unfortunately I cannot consider it the win. However, reading the news I noticed that William Shatner (Captain Kirk) at the grand old age of 90 has recently gone into space as part of a four man crew and in a vehicle that was a similar shape and your title "Ready for launch" is very appropriate.

Pete - Good to see a spiral in nature and that you have sNAILED your image this week. Also as usual you are slugging it out with the rest of the entries. Also as the U.K's petrol crisis is now easing it seems that Shell is full.

Malc - The Spiral family. We've had a bolt and now we have 3 screws. At first I thought it might be a subliminal representation of your bedtime routine but then I realised that you must have taken them out of Mrs Salty's dressing table to photograph. You'd better go and put them back before it collapses. The gold smaller one seems to make it stand out more than the other two bigger ones.

Andrew - I had to check your exif. Not for date legality but I wondered if you took the photo in Bulb mode. I had to buy a new bulb for our bedroom the other day, blimey so expensive now. Also, How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that too!". That's a joke I found online.

Okay, with that done now onto the judgement and I have to admit I had no idea who I was going to pick while typing all this babble but going back and forth through the entries I have decided to go with CB's "Milk Frother"..... if google got that wrong then I am sending an email of complaint to Sundar Pichai.

So well done to CB and many thanks everyone for taking part this week. Smile
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.8k 13 United Kingdom
17 Oct 2021 9:44PM
Well done CB and thanks Eddie to for ensuring we didn't all spiral out of control this week....
petebfrance 9 3.1k France
17 Oct 2021 10:05PM
Well done CB and thanks Eddie for the challengeSmile
17 Oct 2021 10:21PM
Thank you very much indeed Eddie... much appreciated. And thanks for running the challenge! Smile

I liked all the images posted. Mine was indeed that of part of a milk frother.

Now for the hard bit.... thinking up a challenge for the coming week! Hmm.... back in a while! Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.