Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Weekly IL Macro Challenge ending 8pm Sunday 25th April 2021 - Paint, Painting - well, Paint...

petebfrance 9 3.0k France
25 Apr 2021 8:24PM
Some comments to keep you entertained - and prove that I have looked at the images! Not at my best today, so excuse stupidity (oh, that's probably normal anyway).

DaveRyder - small piece of an Irene Cafieri painting. Oh, to me that shows the 'joy of paint.' I wonder what the whole painting looks like.

Imageryonly - Eye detail from Deb's water-colour. Nice paper textures and lovely brushwork, tricky stuff water-colour. I'll bet that painting is a stunner.

Saltireblue - yummy dollop of paint (looks almost edible) and detail of a small brush, but is the end result so neat? (sorry, I shouldn't ask that, my own efforts are pretty bad)

EddieAC - perhaps a child at heart, but that's probably why your images are so good. Weren't you just the little bit tempted to have a quick splash with them?

AndrewThompson - nice and messy, that's exactly what I associate with paint. That and the the fact that the paint has managed to spread itself everywhere - including hands, face, clothes, curtains, furniture.....

Will be back soon.....
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.3k 9 United Kingdom
25 Apr 2021 8:37PM

Quote: I wonder what the whole painting looks like.

253884_1619379303.jpg
EXIF

Irene was a reasonably prolific painter of many similar to this.
I've had it for 25yrs now and still enjoy looking at it.
petebfrance 9 3.0k France
25 Apr 2021 8:48PM
I'm back. Wasn't easy, so many good images that I really love. To me, though, the one that embodies, as I mentioned earlier, the 'joy of paint' wins, so over to you to DaveRyder and congratulations. Thank-you all for such an imaginative set of images, and sorry Dave, it's over to you for next week's challenge!

Oh, and thanks, Dave, for showing the painting - very nice!
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.3k 9 United Kingdom
25 Apr 2021 8:52PM
Well thank you Peter and against a good crop of entries too.

I'll pop the next weeks challenge on in the morning.
Well done Dave and thanks Pete for the challenge.
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
25 Apr 2021 9:22PM
Well done Dave and many thanks Pete for this weeks fun!! Smile
25 Apr 2021 11:07PM
Congrats Dave, and well done agin to all Smile
saltireblue Plus
11 11.8k 75 Norway
26 Apr 2021 7:39AM
Well done indeed to Dave, and many thanks to Pete for seeing us through the week.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.