Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Weekly IL Macro Challenge ending 8pm Sunday 3rd January 2021 - Lit by Candlelight

EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
28 Dec 2020 10:34AM
New Challenge and this one spread over two years. Smile

The theme that my neurons have conjured up....... Lit by Candlelight. The subject can be anything of your choosing as long as the light source is of flame.

It will be your choice wether or not to include the candle as part of the composition. The small Tea lights are great for this.

Happy New Year to one and all and see you on Sunday.

The rules:
1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. YOUR IMAGE MUST BE TAKEN AFTER THE THEME IS ANNOUNCED.
3. The image must be uploaded in a comment in this thread by 8pm (UK time) on the following Sunday
4. Only one upload per member
5. The person who hosts is the judge for that week's challenge and the judge’s decision is final
6. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
7. Photos in the thread, no links.
8. For new participants - if you win, you will have to set and judge the next week's challenge.
9. The judge cannot be held responsible in case a house fire ensues.
bluesandtwos 11 506 1 England
1 Jan 2021 2:52PM
113886_1609512481.jpg
EXIF

Attracted to the Light.

First time playing in this challenge so if this isn't macro enough, or anything else is not right, please delete and PM me what I've done wrong! Smile I won't be offended, honest!Grin

Dave
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
3 Jan 2021 12:27PM
Okay, just a reminder tjat your candlelight photos have to be in by 8pm tonight. Try not to blow it!! Smile
philstan 4 555 United Kingdom
3 Jan 2021 2:39PM
299484_1609684672.jpg
EXIF

Wine by candelight
saltireblue Plus
10 11.6k 72 Norway
3 Jan 2021 3:56PM
Little imagination, motivation, inspiration, so a bog-standard boring shot from me. Two tea-lights lit by another of their kin...
128530_1609689398.jpg
EXIF
314095_1609697663.jpg
EXIF

Detail of vase lit by three candles.(Any more and it would have been a two Ronnies sketch).
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
3 Jan 2021 8:10PM
Okay, time is now up. Now to go and do the judging thing and will be back soon. Smile
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
3 Jan 2021 8:49PM
Okay, Judging is now finished and I now have to come up with the next victim....erm, I mean winner. But before then in the tradition perfected by Malc and although I can't hold a candle to him I shall utter a few words about each entry.

bluesandtwoes (aka Dave) - Definitely looks macro enough so I deleted the PM I sent and reinstated the pic in the thread.......Only kidding. Wink
It has been pretty cold as of late so I understand his need to warm his hands by the flame. I hope he doesn't get too close though or we may have to call him Bernie. Smile

Phil - Red Wine and warm light, something I used to do every Sunday evening.... until the kids came along. This has put some very nice refractive effects in the glass.

Malc - You may have thought that you lacked imagination but I see you have taken your entry with your usual flare. Backlighting always looks good.

Andrew - Another nice shot with refractive colours and it shows nicely the details in the vase.

Okay decision time and difficult as usual (I always find it difficult anyway Smile) but candlelight photos do have a nice colour to them and certainly not disappointed with the entries.

This weeks winner I declare........

......bluesandtwos (aka Dave) Nice warm light and concept. I hope he's not become charcoal. Smile

So well done to Dave and many thanks to everyone for taking part this week.
Well done Dave, nice shot - looking forward to your choice for next week Smile

Thanks Eddie for the challenge.
philstan 4 555 United Kingdom
3 Jan 2021 8:58PM
Good one Dave, and thanks to Eddie for the challenge.
saltireblue Plus
10 11.6k 72 Norway
3 Jan 2021 9:07PM
Great result for your first entry,Dave!
Thanks, Eddie... can I blow the candle out now?
bluesandtwos 11 506 1 England
3 Jan 2021 9:20PM
Thank you! I was worried I would be the only entry Grin is it etiquette to leave it to the last hour or so???
Is it ok to do the official bit tomorrow morning only I'm doing this on my phone?
If you need the subject now it's going to be ' Ice' taking in 'Ice Cold' to give a bit of leeway.
Thanks folks for motivating me to get going with camera again!Grin
Dave.
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
4 Jan 2021 12:47AM
[quote is it etiquette to leave it to the last hour or so???]

The photo can be taken and uploaded at any point in the week after the theme is posted but before the challenge ends.

Quote:Is it ok to do the official bit tomorrow morning only I'm doing this on my phone?

Yes, the next morning is fine and it mostly happens that way. Smile

DaveRyder Plus
6 5.1k 8 United Kingdom
4 Jan 2021 1:01AM
Well done Dave and Eddie - sorry missed this one no candles and no ideas. BlushBlush
SlowSong Plus
12 9.5k 30 England
4 Jan 2021 12:17PM

Quote:Well done Dave and Eddie - sorry missed this one no candles and no ideas. BlushBlush

Ditto Dave. We'll sit on the naughty step togather. Blush

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.