Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Weekly IL Macro Challenge ending 8pm Sunday 7th March 2021 - Pasta

EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
1 Mar 2021 12:54PM
After a few thoughts I decided to settle on the theme "Pasta" for the upcoming weeks macro challenge theme. This does not appear in the topic list and I at least have an example photo already.

There are lots of different types of pasta, Spaghetti included and it does not matter if it is already cooked or raw.

The Rules:

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. YOUR IMAGE MUST BE TAKEN AFTER THE THEME IS ANNOUNCED.
3. The image must be uploaded in a comment in this thread by 8pm (UK time) on the following Sunday
4. Only one upload per member
5. The person who hosts is the judge for that week's challenge and the judge’s decision is final
6. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
7. Photos in the thread, no links.
8. For new participants - if you win, you will have to set and judge the next week's challenge.
9. Remember to upload by 8pm on Sunday. Don't get Pasta point of no return.

My example photo. Your image need not be painted. Smile

saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
1 Mar 2021 1:43PM

Quote:9. Remember to upload by 8pm on Sunday. Don't get Pasta point of no return.

Well, one thing is for sure, Eddie, your jokes are well pasta their use by date!TongueTongue
philstan 4 556 United Kingdom
5 Mar 2021 11:05AM
299484_1614942226.jpg
EXIF

Dried spinach tagliatelle.
petebfrance 9 3.0k France
5 Mar 2021 4:34PM
184684_1614962010.jpg
EXIF

Spaghetti Bolognaise
35mm manual lens at F4 plus extension tube.
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
6 Mar 2021 1:23PM
If pasta came as 'Pik 'n' Mix'...
Flour-dusted spinach tagliatelle, penne rigate, spaghetti and a nest of fettuccine.
15 images taken at f/11 and stacked in Affinity Photo.
128530_1615036967.jpg
EXIF

bluesandtwos 11 519 1 England
7 Mar 2021 11:47AM
113886_1615117450.jpg
EXIF

The latest from Screwfix, the eco friendly drill bit. When it's blunt, boil for 12 minutes, add sauce and enjoy. Smile
314095_1615124650.jpg
EXIF

Is it a butterfly or an angel ... or maybe just some pasta.

Did you know there is Pastafarian movement? Worth looking up.
7 Mar 2021 6:26PM
"Standing out from the crowd"
319198_1615141255.jpg
EXIF

With apologies - very poor shot from me this week I'm afraid. Blush
But at least I have joined in.
I have been busy watching talks at the Photography Show.
So this ended up being more of a last-minute affair than I had hoped, I'm afraid.

But I did learn some interesting new techniques to play around with. Grin
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
7 Mar 2021 7:18PM
I will be around later (not too late) to make a decision.

Meanwhile I am just getting both boys ready for bed. The nine year old is back to school tomorrow. Smile
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
7 Mar 2021 8:46PM
Okay, Time is more than up!! Both boys bathed, one in bed and the other will be soon.

Now just going to make a cup of tea and then come back with a decision. Smile
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
7 Mar 2021 9:59PM
Okay, back again. Now with Pasta being one of my favourite foods........hang on!! all foods are my favourite anyway, as long as I'm stuffing my face, but now I am starting to feel a bit hungry but before I go and boil the kettle again I had better make a few observations on each entry and then declare this weeks winner!!

Phil - Tagliatelle, one of the choices I usually make if I'm feeling lazy and buy a ready meal but really enjoyable. Some good diagonal lines in there.

Pete- The good old Spag Bol, a classic dish and here a classic treatment with the f/4 aperture and extension tubes. Nice shallow DOF.

Malc - Pick 'n' Mix Pasta!! There's an idea. The closest thing I have got to that so far is when I have run out of Fusilli and mixed some Penne into the saucepan as well. I like the Spaghetti inside the Penne, kind of like a pasta pencil.

Dave - Now that looks like some serious drill bit. I reckon that would be perfect for making holes in swiss cheese. How would it hold up in a hammer drill though?

Andrew - Butterflies and Angels!! I think those Pirates wore these as a bow tie to the local pub then it would go some way as to proving the Pastafarians right!

Linda - I hope you enjoyed the photography show and look forward to seeing some of the techniques that you learnt applied in upcoming challenges. The colour of the Fusilli is nicely contrasted with the choice of background. Opposites on the colour wheel and all. That may have been one of the techniques you picked up on.

Okay time is getting on and I'm getting worse at commenting anyway (I spend minutes looking at each entry trying to figure out what to write) so I have to make a quick decision. My choice of winner for this week and for a clever and well executed idea is Dave with the Pasta Drill Bit. Well done!!

So many thanks once again to everyone for taking part and see you all next week!!
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
7 Mar 2021 10:27PM
Well done Dave. I had that as the winner as soon as I saw it.
Many thanks to Eddie for a tasty challenge this week.
Well done Dave - I also saw that as the winner Smile I thought the shadow in particular was brilliant. Thanks Eddie for the challenge.
philstan 4 556 United Kingdom
7 Mar 2021 10:42PM
Great image Dave. Thanks for the challenge Eddie.
petebfrance 9 3.0k France
7 Mar 2021 11:03PM
Well done Dave (a worthy winner!) and thanks for the challenge EddieSmile We don't eat much pasta, tbh, but Spag Bol is easy to make and just about palatable due to my secret mix of herbs and things (plus left-over gravy, tomato...)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.