PortraitPro Flash Sale - 50% Off + Get An Extra 20% Off with Code: EZ89

Weekly Macro Challenge - Discussion

Attention!

This topic is locked.

10 Jun 2020 8:37AM
Please use this topic to discuss the Weekly Macro Challenges.

Weekly Macro Challenge - Photos Archive

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE 15 7.8k 18 England
10 Jun 2020 9:46AM
Nice enhancement to the weekly challenges groups
It was not that easy searching for the photos from the discussion so hopefully this is going to work well.

Maybe links between the two topics, discussion / photos may be worth considering to make it even easier ?
10 Jun 2020 10:16AM
The discussion topics will be permanent and sticky at the top of the Challenges Forum, for ease of access, I've also added a direct link in the main menu of the site under Forums -> The Challenges.

The aim is to only have the submitted entries in the member generated Weekly topics, so easy to look through and find.

Rick
DaveRyder Plus
6 4.4k 7 United Kingdom
10 Jun 2020 10:16AM
Rick,

Thanks for the information sent out on this and the B&W challenge (I wont repeat this in other thread however it's relevant to both).

At the end of each weeks topic it might not be a bad idea to close the threads to additional comments (or entries).
I've seen on a few occasions (and am also guilty of) adding pictures to completed challenge/competition threads.

Dave
10 Jun 2020 10:20AM
Thanks Dave, good thinking, we can lock off the topic once the winner is announced and it's ended.

Rick
SlowSong Plus
12 9.1k 30 England
10 Jun 2020 10:43AM

Quote: I've seen on a few occasions (and am also guilty of) adding pictures to completed challenge/competition threads.
Dave

Tut, always trying to sneak one in. Wink

Being in the forums it might encourage a lot more people to enter the challenges too. I think it is quite tricky to navigate in the current format. I still have to think what to do when setting a subject, even now. Smile
saltireblue Plus
10 10.9k 63 Norway
10 Jun 2020 12:38PM

Quote:Rick,

At the end of each weeks topic it might not be a bad idea to close the threads to additional comments (or entries).
I've seen on a few occasions (and am also guilty of) adding pictures to completed challenge/competition threads.

Dave

Quote:Thanks Dave, good thinking, we can lock off the topic once the winner is announced and it's ended.

Rick

That's something I can take care of as I always participate in both challenges...not a problem.
10 Jun 2020 12:53PM

Quote:That's something I can take care of as I always participate in both challenges...not a problem.

Great stuff, thanks Malc.
EddieAC Plus
15 2.8k 2 United Kingdom
10 Jun 2020 7:38PM
Just out of curiosity, What will happen to the current galleries for the Black & White and Macro challenges? I assume they will be archived somewhere or just left where they are so we can browse through occasionally.
saltireblue Plus
10 10.9k 63 Norway
10 Jun 2020 7:44PM

Quote:Just out of curiosity, What will happen to the current galleries for the Black & White and Macro challenges? I assume they will be archived somewhere or just left where they are so we can browse through occasionally.

Well, Eddie, thank you very much, and that is a very important question you have raised there. I can erm, only erm, repeat what, erm has been said on, erm numerous occasions, and that is, erm, uh, that we have the whole time been following the advice of, uh, erm , the medical experts regarding social distancing of, erm images...
What was the question again?

Honest, non-politician answer, I don't know...will have to get Rick (aka medical expert) to answer that one.
petebfrance 8 2.9k France
10 Jun 2020 7:51PM
Just had a quick look at a photo (sorry, an image) in another thread and the EXIF information did not show up. As the pictures have to be taken after the competition theme is announced, how is it envisaged that the judge will be able to check the date?
saltireblue Plus
10 10.9k 63 Norway
10 Jun 2020 7:55PM

Quote:Just had a quick look at a photo (sorry, an image) in another thread and the EXIF information did not show up. As the pictures have to be taken after the competition theme is announced, how is it envisaged that the judge will be able to check the date?

With "us regulars" then we trust each other. If someone new posts, and the exif is missing, then there is a browser add-on I use whereby you can see the embedded exif, unless it has been deliberately stripped out or has been removed by the processing.
If we are in serious doubt, and this proves to be a problem going forward, a new rule can be added stating that all uploads must include the exif...
SlowSong Plus
12 9.1k 30 England
10 Jun 2020 9:00PM

Quote:
Quote:Just had a quick look at a photo (sorry, an image) in another thread and the EXIF information did not show up. As the pictures have to be taken after the competition theme is announced, how is it envisaged that the judge will be able to check the date?

With "us regulars" then we trust each other..

Snaaarrrfffff....Grin
saltireblue Plus
10 10.9k 63 Norway
10 Jun 2020 9:05PM

Quote:
Quote:

With "us regulars" then we trust each other..

Snaaarrrfffff....Grin

???
EddieAC Plus
15 2.8k 2 United Kingdom
10 Jun 2020 9:58PM

Quote: With "us regulars" then we trust each other.

Yes, using a photo that was taken prior to the theme being posted is actually detrimental to the person who has taken that photo as it completely removes their opportunity of creativity.

With regard to exif I'm sure it will not be too difficult for Rick and the team to get that info displayed just underneath each photo in the thread or to create some code that does not allow photos to be posted if they were taken prior to the thread being created.