Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Weekly Macro Challenge - ending 8pm Sun. 20th Sept - Symmetrical

saltireblue Plus
10 11.6k 71 Norway
20 Sep 2020 6:52PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:Jimdandyphobia anyone? Smile

What's that then, Eddie? Can't be a*sed googling itTongue

The clue is in the name - Dandy = Dandelions Smile

D'uh!
20 Sep 2020 7:41PM
319198_1600627145.jpg
EXIF

Feeling Blue

A rainbow of symmetry for you this week.
With apologies - this was a rushed affair as I have been at the virtual Photography Show today and ran out time.
Not one of my best images, but I was up against the clock so I'm afraid it will just have to do. Sorry. Sad
But something is always better than nothing - well, nearly always. Blush
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
20 Sep 2020 7:52PM
28689_1600627806.jpg
EXIF

Gate Latch

I decided to go for a gate latch. There are a few of these on doors in a local alleyway and this one opens into private gardens.
DaveRyder Plus
6 5.1k 7 United Kingdom
20 Sep 2020 7:55PM
Couldn't help myself......

Aichmophobia is a kind of specific phobia, the morbid fear of sharp things, such as pencils - (Ref; Wiki).#

A fear of door knobs or ostiumtractophobia (closest I could get to Eddie's)

DaveRyder Plus
6 5.1k 7 United Kingdom
20 Sep 2020 7:59PM
Just for fun.....

10 Weirdest Phobias You Will Ever Come Across;

Nomophobia (Fear of not having mobile phone access)
Phobophobia (Fear of having a phobia)
Anthophobia (Fear of Flowers)
Hexakosioihexekkontahexapho (Fear of the number 666)
Heliophobia (Fear of Sunlight)
Chorophobia (fear of Dancing)
Ablutophobia (fear of bathing)
saltireblue Plus
10 11.6k 71 Norway
20 Sep 2020 8:00PM

Quote:Couldn't help myself......

Aichmophobia is a kind of specific phobia, the morbid fear of sharp things, such as pencils - (Ref; Wiki).#

I shall constrain myself and merely say that the thought of Eddie's knob fills me with fear...
saltireblue Plus
10 11.6k 71 Norway
20 Sep 2020 8:02PM
Time is hereby up...orf to peruse your various phobic entries...
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
20 Sep 2020 8:06PM

Quote:
Quote:Couldn't help myself......

I shall constrain myself and merely say that the thought of Eddie's knob fills me with fear...

Good job my composition kept it out of the frame in the shower that time. Grin
saltireblue Plus
10 11.6k 71 Norway
20 Sep 2020 8:27PM
Right...I apologise if my typing is a bit shaky and blurred, I have taken a valium or two, washed down with suitable quantities of red wine, in order to control my various phobias, otherwise, judging would take all week at least...

So in time-honoured fashion, I shall comment on the individual entries in the order they were uploaded.
As is fairly normal, Dave is first in the queue - there are some queues it's best to be at the front of, and others it is best to be last in...

Dave: Nature is clever at symmetry - it equipped butterflies with two wings, one on wither side of the body. Likewise colours and patterns.. Clever stuff nature, and we try to copy it all the time.

Phil: aka Spiderman - great film and comic character, the 8-legged variety is why phone books were so thick and heavy...

Andrew: A matching pair - not many of us, male or female, who can boast that...Wink

Cattyal (All hail IL!!!): Good job you're not allergic to them and didn't sneeze before capturing that nearly perfect circular whatsitythingamagig.

(Page 2)

Oor Linda: A battle of the blues. Sounds like Chelsea versus Everton (we don't mention the Manchester lot).

Eddie: What can I say? Your know, erhm, sorry, I mean latch, of course. Trying to get into private gardens in you neighbourhood, eh? Tsk, tsk!

Well, this is going to be a difficult one - worse than BoJo trying to decide how to disguise the next lot of bad news, or as difficult as the task a hairdresser has when a hedgehog asks for a perm...

So, time to top up my glass while I peruse and cogitate (must find out what that means sometime...)

Back as soon as...
saltireblue Plus
10 11.6k 71 Norway
20 Sep 2020 8:42PM
A decision has been made.
At first I was tempted by Dave's effort; such a delicate,fragile soul, but enough about Dave - his butterfly was cute too.
Then I was sorely tempted, nay, I would say, besotted by Eddie's symmetrical latch, but the rust wasn't quite evenly enough distributed to satisy my OCD so I finally decided to use the Gavin Williamson method and say that instead of using assessments arrived at by logarithms, I would use predicted results.

At the end of the day, and in the fullness of time there can be only one winner, and this week the honour of upholding the honour of the whole of the challenge membership goes, along with the revered and holy chalice, to the pointy, sharpy pencily thingy from Linda.

Over to you. Congratulations of a magnificent victory, and to the runners-up - stiff upper lips, old chaps and chapesses, better luck next time, what.
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
20 Sep 2020 8:48PM
Well done Linda!! You Lead the group well this week!!! Smile

Many thanks for the fun Malc!! Sleep well tonight. Smile
DaveRyder Plus
6 5.1k 7 United Kingdom
20 Sep 2020 8:51PM
Well done Linda and thanks for the challenge Malc - back behind the lens for this week.
20 Sep 2020 9:07PM
Really? And there was me thinking I was on a safe bet with a very mediocre image this week. (The cunning plan wasn't quite so cunning after all, it seems 😉 ).

Thanks Malc, a surprise but nevertheless appreciated 'win' on what was a great challenge.

With apologies to everyone else, I shall tootle off (or should that be doodle off?) and see what fun I can draw up for you all for next week.
cattyal Plus
15 9.2k 6 England
20 Sep 2020 9:46PM
Well done Linda - I had a feeling you'd snag first place this week.

20 Sep 2020 10:02PM
A lovely shot Linda - when I saw it I thought it was the winner, even before I got to the result Smile Thanks for the challenge Malc, I enjoyed it.

Am I missing something about Dave's list of top 10 weird phobias or are there only 7?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.