90% Off inPixio Photo Studio 10 Ultimate Software Bundle

Weekly Macro Challenge - ending 8pm Sun. 27th Sept - Little Vs

27 Sep 2020 8:53PM
OK - job done. But it was a tricky one that could have gone several different ways. But first, as always, in order of entry I'll say a word or two about each one...

Dave A nice collection of little Vs you got going on there. An interesting take on the theme that I didnt imagine at all when I set the challenge. Nice patina on the fob too. Nicely done.

Malc Very sharp Vs from you this week I see. Dirty ones too. Looks like you have some little hairs stuck in some of them dread to think what youve been up to with them!!!! I like the way youve got the light catching on the teeth though - makes them look even more menacing.

Chris I like the way you can see the grooves where the metal has been machined. But Im also intrigued to know what the reflective surface is that youve used as a mirror - it has some nice patterns of its own. Anyway, a nice V or 2 there (or should that be a V and a W?)

Phil Plenty of Vs in that there paperweight and the cutting mat. Great use of a reflective surface to bring even more Vs into the image whilst also providing some additional light from the subject itself. Nicely done.

Alison I had to look up what Salsify was. If Ive got it right, its part of the parsnip family, mainly grown for its flowers though because, as I understand it, the root is edible but not very tasty. Its feathery little seeds are rather nice too, especially when backlit, as here. Nicely done. Dont tell anyone, but Im investing in some lights this week so that I can hopefully learn to do something similar (that could be a laugh!!!)

Eddie Now, these are very familiar Vs to me I have a little tub of these things too. A very colourful collection of Vs this week and nicely arranged too. As youve presented them, they look like little insects about to take flight. A very cheery image to my mind.

Andrew A very technical collection of little Vs here. But very powerful and important ones despite their size. My dad would be very impressed by those as he, too, has a boat (well, dinghy) and enjoys sailing. I like the combination of rust (bloody saltwater!) and shine with just a little hint of a starburst where the sun is catching the shiny edge near the top.

So. To the difficult bit. To crown a winner for the week. Hmmm.

Well, I think the honour has to go to Andrew this week. Apart from the above, I also like the depth of field, the way it showcases the slightly irregular shaping of the central rivet and the scratches that evidence its use. Such important Vs with a whole lot riding on them. And a lovely image that made me think of my dad and happy memories of going sailing with him as his crew. So the baton (as well as the sheets) are yours this week use them well!

And so, for another week, its time to say so long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, adieu (or whatever other language anyone speaks). See you all same time, same place next week. Smile

EddieAC Plus
16 2.9k 2 United Kingdom
27 Sep 2020 9:02PM
Vvvvvvvvery well done Andrew!!

Many thanks Linda for this week and declaring the Victor!! Smile
DaveRyder Plus
6 5.0k 7 United Kingdom
27 Sep 2020 9:05PM
A worthy Victor Andrew.

And thanks to you Linda for a Very entertaining challenge.
SlowSong Plus
12 9.5k 30 England
27 Sep 2020 9:06PM
Well done Andrew. Deservedly Victorious.
Thanks Linda for a nice subject. Smile
cattyal Plus
15 9.2k 6 England
27 Sep 2020 9:15PM
Congratulations Andrew!

saltireblue Plus
10 11.4k 70 Norway
27 Sep 2020 9:23PM
Well done to everyone and especially Andrew who rose to the top this week. Many thanks also go to Linda for the challenge this week.
Thank you Linda for the honour and all for comments.

I rather liked the V theme which obviously lent itself to the shape. Failing any other inspiration I have decided to follow the idea but with an emphasis on meaning rather than shape, although it could be either; Interpretation is everything.

So my theme this week is T. Could be tea, could be golf, could be ... anything, as long as T or t is represented somehow.
philstan 4 536 United Kingdom
27 Sep 2020 10:15PM
Well done Andrew and thanks for the challenge Linda. Now, time for t.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.