Get 50% off Adobe CC Photography plan with any X-Rite ColorChecker Photo product!

Weekly macro Challenge - ending Sunday 18th Nov. 2018 20.00 - Subject: "What is it..?"

DaveRyder Plus
6 3.9k 2 United Kingdom
16 Nov 2018 8:47AM

Quote:Sorry Dave, no harm intended, just being cheeky, guv...Wink

Didn't take offence, I'm thicker skinned than that (or just thicker). I like cheeky.

Or to make it really hard for you - I could keep the image on my laptop and you can try and guess what it is.

I'll name that image in one pixel

Tongue

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

DaveRyder Plus
6 3.9k 2 United Kingdom
16 Nov 2018 10:34AM
Not what I intended to put in (and not too difficult to identify) but opportunity presented and I quite like the result.
saltireblue Plus
9 10.4k 59 Norway
16 Nov 2018 10:41AM

Quote:Not what I intended to put in (and not too difficult to identify) but opportunity presented and I quite like the result.

Or, Opportunity Knocked, as Hughie (pardon me, got a little frog in the throat) Green would have said.
17 Nov 2018 10:50AM
Well that's mine submitted. Something a bit technical from me this week - well as technical as I get! Tongue

Got it in early so you could spend the weekend pondering. Just hoping that decision doesn't backfire on me and you work it out in the meantime!
saltireblue Plus
9 10.4k 59 Norway
17 Nov 2018 11:57AM
That's mine done and dusted, now to concentrate on the b&w challenge...
sjr 2 577 England
17 Nov 2018 11:58AM
I managed to remember not to go to work today as its the weekend so photo is snapped and done.
Is it tricky probably not but then again I know what it is.

Now on to Wednesdays pic so I don't forget to enter this week.
saltireblue Plus
9 10.4k 59 Norway
17 Nov 2018 12:08PM

Quote:I managed to remember not to go to work today as its the weekend so photo is snapped and done.
Is it tricky probably not but then again I know what it is.

Now on to Wednesdays pic so I don't forget to enter this week.

I know! I know!!Tongue
KevinEllison 13 4.4k England
17 Nov 2018 8:36PM
Less than 24 hours to go...Smile

Thereís only one I think I recognise....Sad whoís idea was this....?

See you tomorrow....Wink
cattyal Plus
14 9.0k 6 England
18 Nov 2018 6:55PM
well my Sunday didn't quite go as planned - instead of staying home doing a few chores, working on a few projects and producing a photo, I ended up going to Leamington Spa for the day - and have just got home.

I took one photo when out and the quality leaves a huge amount to be desired but I suspect it'll be a tricky one to guess. Now whether to upload or not despite it being pretty poor
18 Nov 2018 6:57PM
Ah..go on...Iím stumped with most anyway...!
saltireblue Plus
9 10.4k 59 Norway
18 Nov 2018 7:06PM

Quote:the quality leaves a huge amount to be desired but I suspect it'll be a tricky one to guess. Now whether to upload or not despite it being pretty poor

TM says that no Brexit deal is better than a bad Brexit deal.
I believe in this instance that no image is worse than a bad image.
cattyal Plus
14 9.0k 6 England
18 Nov 2018 7:20PM
Okey doke - I'll pop it up. The circumstances under which it was taken left loads to be desired - like time and light which isn't ideal - well that's my excuse!
18 Nov 2018 8:03PM
Rito...times up...I have sensible ideas for most of them...and stand to be corrected...Tongue

Dave - spiders and water were involved here...?

Photolinda - trigger of a mastic gun, or a "G" cramp but possibly not being a lady's weapon of choice, I could be wrong..

Chris - metal buckle thing..any physical conflict with fiddy metal objects tends to result in the blood letting you reported, but no idea what it is...!

Malc - square perforations of...something...not a clue, never mind the maker...

Aidobel - A lumpy exercise mat surface...keep you on your feet...or a kinky massage glove..?

Eddie - it's a conertor of some kind...hosepipes or telescope eyepiece...?

Philstan - obviously it's a metal gear-change paddle on a Lamborghini...

IL/Cattyall - also obvious, a multi-channel mouse trap...

KrazyKA - gotta be a plastic speaker grill...

back with a winner inaminit...

18 Nov 2018 8:17PM
Sorry if things are getting messed around, doing battle with BT constantly “losing connection with server”

Anyhow, corrections invited for my views above...but meanwhile, to declare a winner - my choice is Dave..

The first entrant, and held off excellent additions through the week...!

I like the black background, and - although we’ve seen the effect before, the many little pictures in the droplets - I’d invert it 180 degrees and print it...

Thanks everyone...!

Over to you Dave...
EddieAC 15 2.7k 2 United Kingdom
18 Nov 2018 8:18PM
Mine is a Bisley shotgun choke gauge. It measures the choke of a shotgun.

I used to go clay pigeon shooting with my dad many years ago. I found s box with items for cleaning shotguns and the smell of yhe cleaning fluid always brings back memories.

From the internet:

"Choke gauge with engraved British gradients. Brass with stainless steel keyring. For quick and accurate measurement of 12 or 20 bore fitted shotgun ..."

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.