Have a look inside the latest fotoVUE title, Photographing East Anglia

Weekly Macro Challenge - w/e Sunday 3rd Feb 2019 - Photographic

3 Feb 2019 8:13PM
Hes in a different time zone dont forget..!

Reminds me of Al Murray, ( the pub landlord) explaining why the U.K. is the centre of the world...by pointing out the Greenwich meridian line...We invented time..yes, the Germans only go to lunch when WE tell them its one o clock... Wink

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong Plus
10 8.0k 30 England
3 Feb 2019 8:26PM

Quote:Hes in a different time zone dont forget..! Wink

Just a different zone. Grin
saltireblue Plus
8 9.1k 35 Norway
3 Feb 2019 8:33PM
OK then. Let's have a bit of quiet in the ranks.

Good to see so many entries, one prodigal son (sorry, but we are all out of fatted pig) and if I'm not mistaken, a newcomer.
So, let's have a look at your photographic masterpieces of your photographic bits 'n' bobs.

Mervyn - welcome! First time? Or am I just old and forgetful? No matter...I thought this was a plumb bob at first.

Andy: Good to see you again...keep an eye on the clock next time you bugger off somewhere!Wink A fine strapping length of strap there, lad.

Phil: Now that is what I call diffuse! Excellent abstract nipple.Smile

Linda: I always associate that green with Gordons gin...cheers!

Pete: keeping in contact, I see, despite the vagaries of the current situation.

Dave: Hardly the Duracell variant, but no doubt it lasts long enough for you to take what you need to take, and then some.

Simon: I spy with my little eye...please don't tell me you own a pink phone!

Eddie: Four channels - reminds me of the old days of b&w telly when we only had that number of channels.

IL: (all hail!) Last time I saw something called a comet, it had customers in it, such is the state of the High Street today, Comet is now a relic confined to history.

Chris: Looks like the cut-away section of one of those new Tesla tubes for getting you from A to B before you left A.

Kevin: A bit like me this, old, but still genuine parts only, some still in working order...

Karin: Got me puzzled here - I know, easily done - trying to figure out the photographic connection - is it an Iris? As in a lens? Must be.

OK, off for a scoop of ice-cream then back with the result.
3 Feb 2019 8:36PM

Quote:Just a different zone

That did occur to me too, but for fear of retribution (and cowardice..) I chose not to mention it...Wink
KrazyKA 3 1.1k United Kingdom
3 Feb 2019 8:37PM

Quote:.
Karin: Got me puzzled here - I know, easily done - trying to figure out the photographic connection - is it an Iris? As in a lens? Must be.

Oh I didn't read it properly then. Had better delete it...
EddieAC Plus
14 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
3 Feb 2019 8:41PM
Don't worry, I'd leave it in. Smile
saltireblue Plus
8 9.1k 35 Norway
3 Feb 2019 8:52PM
OK then, back from the expedition to the far-flung kitchen. T'was a bit of a trek, I have to say. Must be at least twenty steps form the sofa...phew! Got there intending to have some blueberry and egg-liqueur ice cream , but changed my mind when I got there and went for a slice of raspberry and pistachio pavlova instead.
Does that ever happen to you? You fancy something, get to the kitchen, then change your mind? Perhaps that's why I end up having Spaghetti Bolognese for breakfast and toast and Lemon& Lime marmalade for dinner...
But I digress...back on track, which is more than can be said about the stubborn and immovable British Prime Minister, she really is not for turning, Maggie said it, but Theresa is doing it. Stupid woman...

A difficult choice, as ever, mainly thanks to the quality of your entries, so congratulations, you've all done very well, as young Mr. Grace used to say (long time since I've used that)

Who is it then? Well, I think the baton of responsibility should be deservedly given to Linda. Suitably abstract, suitable dof, suitable composition, and it reminds me of Gordons' ginWink
DaveRyder Plus
5 2.9k 1 United Kingdom
3 Feb 2019 8:55PM
Outstanding summing up Malc and well done Linda.
SlowSong Plus
10 8.0k 30 England
3 Feb 2019 8:56PM
Yeah! Gin for me all the way. Smile well done Linda, and thanks Malc for the challenge.
3 Feb 2019 8:59PM
Thanks Malc...good choice, and well done Linda..! Grin
sjr 2 416 England
3 Feb 2019 9:03PM
Great work as ever Malc and congratulations Linda.

No pink phone just a bit of a tweak to try and make the dull grey work phone a little bit interesting.
It does normally sit in an Iron Maiden (Can I Play with Madness) phone cover. Oh the irony for the work phone.
My personal phone is canary yellow. Mmmmm just realised that doesn't help my case.
petebfrance 7 2.8k France
3 Feb 2019 9:04PM
Well done Linda and thanks for the challenge MalcSmile Yes, I'm still here - well for now, anywaySad
Oh no! I mean... Yay! Blush
Thanks Malc. Grin

I actually expected another shot to win (shan't say which). So I'm thrilled with the honour. But I guess that means I'm going to have to go and think of a new challenge for next week now. Bear with me...back either later tonight or tomorrow morning.
3 Feb 2019 9:05PM
Good one Linda - loved the colour and reflections. Thanks for the challenge and enjoyed the judging summary as always Malc.
cattyal Plus
13 8.8k 6 England
3 Feb 2019 9:21PM
Congratulations Linda and thanks for the waffle Malc..........

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.