Affinity Photo - professional photo editing with 50% off!

Weekly macro challenge ending 26th May - DIY

Aidobel 1 19
19 May 2019 11:17PM
Over the past weeks and months I've been keeping busy using my elbow grease to fix all sorts of problems at home. I've used my paintbrushes indoors and out, I've had my screwdriver out fixing my gate, and tidied the garden with an array of garden tools. And yet there's still more to do - I'll need to get my drill to put up an outdoor lamp, I will need my saw for a replacement skirting board, and I shall need my sewing machine for those curtains trailing on the floor. But where am I going with this, you may ask?
This week I'd like to see all those times you've proven the professionals wrong, got your hands dirty and done it yourself. Could be tools of the trade or maybe even the work itself. Hopefully there's a broad spectrum for you to choose from - decorating, gardening, art, sewing, baking, or other crafts.
As always:
1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. The challenge runs from 8pm on the Sunday and runs until 8pm the following Sunday.
4. Only one upload per member.
5. Please feel free to comment on the entries once judging is complete.
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final.
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
8. Have fun!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

DaveRyder Plus
5 3.5k 1 United Kingdom
20 May 2019 6:40AM
Sorry Isobel, as with B&W I'll not be contributing for a remainder of the month.

Off on holiday today. Although, as I've retired I think I need to change the reference from 'Holiday' to something else. WinkGrin

Aidobel 1 19
20 May 2019 6:28PM
No problem Dave, I hope you have a lovely time wherever in the world you may be heading! Grin
25 May 2019 1:37PM
Unusually, I'm first in this week! 😁

Forgot to mention, the reason I had one of these left to photograph was one of our guests was, sadly, unable to attend on the day.
Aidobel 1 19
26 May 2019 9:03AM
Good to see a couple in already but today is the day, time is ticking and there's not long left to get your entries in! 11hours and counting...
KrazyKA 3 1.3k United Kingdom
26 May 2019 12:43PM
Just checked the topic so will have a nose around for a suitable item...🔨🔨🔨
Aidobel 1 19
26 May 2019 8:14PM
Time is up folk! Just made a banging Sunday dinner so will have a look and get back to you with a result shortly...
Aidobel 1 19
26 May 2019 10:28PM
Well I must say that dinner was below par, something which your photos were not! Making a tricky decision yet again.

We saw a some wannabe painters, plumbers and joiners. But nice to see something non-house-maintenance coming in the form of stained glass window making from Linda.

And I see we have a new face this week. Always nice to see new folk joining in the fun... can I be the first to formally welcome you to the group Andrew!

It has been a closely fought contest for first place, however there must be one! So this week I gladly pass on the baton to Simon on a lovely shot of his paintbrush, with some interesting purple hues to compliment the detail of the brown bristles. Have your brushes ever seen any paint yet??? A lovely caption also about your skills (or lack of) in the field of DIY, sadly reminds me of my other half.

However well done to all and I'll see you in the next challenge!
sjr 2 567 England
26 May 2019 10:42PM
Thank you Aidobel nice challenge reminding me how much I dislike DIY closely followed by Gardening.
Any how onward to next week and a bank holiday means no thinking about work I can focus my full attention on next weeks challenge so I will have something to challenge you all in the morning.
26 May 2019 10:46PM
Well done Simon. We have a qualified painter and decorator in our family. If you want to know how to put that paintbrush to good use just let me know...sure we can arrange some lessons. 😂

And thanks for the challenge Isobel. Enjoyed that one. 😊
26 May 2019 10:48PM
Well done Simon and thanks for the challenge Isobel.
EddieAC 14 2.5k 2 United Kingdom
27 May 2019 7:36AM
Well done Simon and many thanks for this week Isobel!! Smile
27 May 2019 10:55AM
Hi Isobel and everyone, and thanks for the welcome. Well done to Simon for the winning entry and I look forward to next week's.

Regards

Andrew
sjr 2 567 England
27 May 2019 12:28PM
Thanks all and a warm welcome to you Andrew a nice opening image you submitted.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.