Weekly Macro Challenge ending 8pm 3rd December - Precious Gems/Minerals

saltireblue Plus
9 9.9k 36 Norway
3 Dec 2017 4:25PM
Glad I'm not The Queen (I said The Queen, not a queen)...think of all those jewels to choose between. Would take a month just to get them down to a shortlist of several hundred...mrs.salty's selection is smaller but just as exclusive...

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dlm71 4 221 2 United Kingdom
3 Dec 2017 8:01PM
Please put down your cameras your time is up!

I will nip over to the gallery to see what delights we have in store this week and I will be back in due course to furnish you all with my findings. (after Blue Planet II) Wink

dlm71 4 221 2 United Kingdom
3 Dec 2017 9:19PM
I would much prefer more show's like Blue Planet to be on our TV's rather than these celebrity reality show's that seem to be ever increasing in popularity! Anyhow back to business, thanks to you all for your participation in this week challenge and after reviewing the entries it was going to be a two horse race but in the dying minutes EddieAC dropped in his spectacular specimen of Haematite! the textures and colours are spot on so I am pleased to say well done and its over to you Eddie for this week challenge.
JawDborn 7 1.2k 1 England
3 Dec 2017 9:26PM
Well done, Eddie. Nice shot. Thank you for hosting, David.
SlowSong Plus
11 8.4k 30 England
3 Dec 2017 9:31PM
I loved Eddie's shot and it looks terrific up large.
Thanks David for the challenge.
petebfrance 7 2.8k France
3 Dec 2017 9:47PM
Well done Eddie and thanks for the challenge DavidSmile
cattyal Plus
14 8.9k 6 England
3 Dec 2017 9:51PM
Congratulations Eddie Smile
EddieAC 14 2.5k 2 United Kingdom
4 Dec 2017 2:53AM
Many thanks David!! Quite unexpected given high quality of the other entries. Smile

I had a choice between the Haematite or two different lumps of Amethyst and decided to go this way.

I will endeavour to squeeze a few ideas out of my grey matter and will have a new challenge up and running in the morning shortly after dropping my son off at school. Smile
saltireblue Plus
9 9.9k 36 Norway
4 Dec 2017 8:03AM
Congrats, Eddie!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.