Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Weekly Macro Challenge ending 8pm Sun. 22nd April 2018 - Instruments of torture

saltireblue Plus
8 8.3k 33 Norway
15 Apr 2018 9:23PM
So, fellow masochists and those who are merely curious.
The theme can encompass all kinds of objects we never think of as objets de torture.
A simple, innocent knitting needle, a sewing needle, scissors, secateurs, nut crackers (ouch!). The wife's cooking... cords and electrodes and batteries...hammers small and large, all make perfectly good instruments of torture, and we all have them in our homes.
Let your darkest imagination run wild!!

The (amended) Rules:

1. The challenge is just for fun. (Don't hurt anyone experimenting!)
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. The challenge runs from 8pm on the Sunday and runs until 8pm the following Sunday.
4. Only one upload per member.
5. Please feel free to comment on the entries once judging is complete.
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final.
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
8. Have fun. (If that means hurting someone or yourself, then the judge jury and hangman accept no responsibility. Either that, or see Rule 1, as amended)

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

DaveRyder Plus
4 2.5k 1 United Kingdom
15 Apr 2018 9:38PM
Why have I immediately thought Marathon Man and Dentist - Lawrence Olivier and Dustin Hoffman.
saltireblue Plus
8 8.3k 33 Norway
19 Apr 2018 2:42PM
Thursday today, which means there's only just over 72 hours to go before time runs out.
Time to start getting your ideas transformed into images.
saltireblue Plus
8 8.3k 33 Norway
22 Apr 2018 8:56AM
I don't want to nag, but come on guys. Where are all the entries?
cattyal Plus
13 8.6k 6 England
22 Apr 2018 9:05AM
I'll have entry - was out all day Wednesday, Thursday, work Friday, out all day yesterday but home all day today. A major garden blitz is planned but I will stop long enough to play as well..............
saltireblue Plus
8 8.3k 33 Norway
22 Apr 2018 10:08AM

Quote:I'll have entry - was out all day Wednesday, Thursday, work Friday, out all day yesterday but home all day today. A major garden blitz is planned but I will stop long enough to play as well..............

We've had a whole week of garden blitzing...record amounts os snow since October have caused a lot of damage.Sad
EddieAC Plus
13 2.1k 2 United Kingdom
22 Apr 2018 1:45PM
I will be in a bit later. Hope the wife doesn't notice this one in case it gives her any ideas. Smile
EddieAC Plus
13 2.1k 2 United Kingdom
22 Apr 2018 6:19PM
I didn't think I could call "Eastenders" an instrument so I chose another subject. Smile
saltireblue Plus
8 8.3k 33 Norway
22 Apr 2018 6:26PM

Quote:I didn't think I could call "Eastenders" an instrument so I chose another subject. Smile

Debatable...definitely a real candidate..along with all other soaps and day-time tv. Only problem is getting a macro...
EddieAC Plus
13 2.1k 2 United Kingdom
22 Apr 2018 7:49PM
I'd macro the size of the TV and running time of the episodes. I would also try and shrink the scriptwriters budget but I think that's been done already. Smile
saltireblue Plus
8 8.3k 33 Norway
22 Apr 2018 7:51PM

Quote:I'd macro the size of the TV and running time of the episodes. I would also try and shrink the scriptwriters budget but I think that's been done already. Smile

Well, their brains have been macro'ed...
saltireblue Plus
8 8.3k 33 Norway
22 Apr 2018 8:03PM
Enough! he cried.
Back when the pain subsides...
saltireblue Plus
8 8.3k 33 Norway
22 Apr 2018 8:09PM
And so we come to that time of the week you have all been anticipating with delight or fear, or perhaps just a touch of trepidation, lovingly coated in a layer of dread.

Considering the theme, I suppose I should say that this is going to be a painful choice, after torturous decision making and anguished wailing and gnashing of teeth, like walking through red-hot coals, hair-pulling decision making (if I had any hair, of course) and general feeling of pain in my nose (tweezers on nasal hair), teeth (pliers), punctured ear-drums (violin), a pleasurable pain in a certain orifice (don't knock it until you've tried it) thanks to Eddie's plumbing the depths equipment (built-in camera?), Japanese nail torture courtesy of Pete's bamboo (doubles up as a toothpick), the delightfully tormenting horror of being bound helpless and tickled by IL and her feather boa offcast, and Karin's opener of tins, or knuckle breaker, perhaps?

Blimey, that was a long paragraph without any breaks - fingers, legs or arms - but difficult to see where to put a full stop in, or even an empty stop. Why full stop? Why not just stop? We had a posh teacher at school who never said full stop, always period. Took us about six weeks to realise that she meant full stop, and we stopped writing the word period when she was dictating notes.

So, my masochistic friends. Who gets to rule the dungeon of pain for the coming week? Who gets to decide how many lashes you all will get, which nail will be pulled off, which hairy bits will be shaved as a sign of shame...I shall torture you for a few minutes more while I wipe the blood away and refill my goblet with some fresh blood.
saltireblue Plus
8 8.3k 33 Norway
22 Apr 2018 8:16PM
Right. Great degree of difficulty here, so I decided to attempt imagining the degree of pain each of your instruments of torture could inflict - on a sort of 1-10 scale where 1 was mildly delightful and 10 was screaming sweating going out of your mind sort of ouchness. (just invented a new word there...)

On that basis, I hand over the baton, otherwise known as a rubber truncheon, to Pete and his split cane or bamboo. The thought of having that inserted under finger or toe nails gets me hoping for a dreamless sleep tonight.
At the other end of the scale, I hope to have the opportunity of having IL use her feather on my ticklish bits one day...
Many thanks you grizzly lot
EddieAC Plus
13 2.1k 2 United Kingdom
22 Apr 2018 8:21PM
Well done Pete!! Smile

It must have been a kind of suspenseful torture only having one upload until today Malc!! Many thanks for organising this weeks challenge!! Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.