Weekly Macro Challenge ending 8pm Sunday 16th July 2017 - Alcohol

EddieAC Plus
14 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
16 Jul 2017 8:26PM

Quote:
Quote:Got an entry before I consumed half of my subject. Wink

Half? That's very modest, sir!

A bit generous too...........I did let the wife drink the other half!! Tongue

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong Plus
10 8.1k 30 England
16 Jul 2017 8:28PM
Gosh, sorry, was so under the influence I completely missed the challenge. Am now off to drown my sorrows and apologise. Smile
sjr 2 510 England
16 Jul 2017 8:32PM
I'm reposting my results as it was the last post on page 1 and may get missed.

Thanks to you all 5 super macro images and to show no favouritism you have all photographed drinks (or lack of pete) that I do not like.

saltireblue ~ I have yet to acquire the taste for gin maybe the whiskey drinker in me has affected my taste buds

dave ~ nice distortion to the lager and a nice touch with Wimbledon ending today I nearly picked wimbeldon as a subject. but alas I can no longer drink lager as it give me gas real ale all the way these days.

cattyal ~ If you want my advice leave it in the bottle only had champagne twice one was a year old one was 12 years old both tasted awful.
Just did a quick google and a 1999 Moet sells for 60 a bottle.

pete ~ nice work I always find glass so difficult to photograph. but an empty glass is just wrong.

Eddie a lovely shot but wine from the fridge is a no from me. Red all the way at room temperature.

OK on to my winner I had picked a winner (I wont say who it was so you can all think it was you) but the with 30 mins to go Eddie chucked the spanner in the works and stole the prize. Ladies and gentlemen raise your glasses to this weeks winner EddieAC.
DaveRyder Plus
5 3.2k 1 United Kingdom
16 Jul 2017 8:38PM
well done Eddie and a great challenge - I drank more subjects than I photographed.
petebfrance 7 2.8k France
16 Jul 2017 8:43PM
Well done Eddie and thanks for the challenge SimonSmile
cattyal Plus
14 8.9k 6 England
16 Jul 2017 8:45PM
Firstly congratulations to Eddie for your win this week Smile

Thank you to Simon for a good job running the challenge and also for the info on the Moet - it never occurred to me that the bottle was worth anything - I've another bottle of champagne from the same date - not Moet but shall have a look and see what it is.

Shame I didn't drink it but hey ho Smile
EddieAC Plus
14 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
16 Jul 2017 8:55PM
Thanks Simon and also for running a good challenge!! Smile

I will spend a while thinking up a subject for the next one and post later tonight.

Spookily Dave and myself were on the same track for a while and I took this photo about 02:17am this morning before Dave had uploaded. Tongue

28689_1500234895.jpg

EddieAC Plus
14 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
16 Jul 2017 9:05PM
And another one.

28689_1500235512.jpg

saltireblue Plus
9 9.4k 35 Norway
16 Jul 2017 9:18PM
Steady on Eddie, you need to straighten yer verticals mate...

Excellent selection of imbibable (not sure that's a word, but who cares) entries and thanks to whoever it was who set the challenge and drank the winning entry. My commisserattions to the runnner beans up. 'xcuse me but I hav to scheck my sthock in the frigdeerattor.
Bottoms up, und vunderbar.
AlanJ Plus
6 1.0k England
16 Jul 2017 9:22PM
Apologies Simon. I did take a photo last night but as I was about to upload realised it was more still life than macro so thought I'd get one today. However my son and his partner have been here and before I knew it the church bells 100 yards away were chiming 8pm (but at least alcohol was involved in my missing the challenge! that must count for something Smile )

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.