Weekly Macro Challenge ending 8pm Sunday 16th July 2018 ~ Center

sjr 1 320 England
9 Jul 2018 8:43AM
So after another sleepless night not sure it was the heat or the thought of setting a challenge I have decided not to go with my original idea.
I was going to go with a weather related keeping cool challenge but there have been cold, hot and frozen before so I have gone nice and boring.

This weeks challenge is CENTER. So nice and simple just photograph the middle of anything.

The Rules are:

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. The challenge runs from 8pm on the Sunday and runs until 8pm the following Sunday.
4. Only one upload per member.
5. Please feel free to comment on the entries once judging is complete.
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final.
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
8. Have fun

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong Plus
10 7.8k 30 England
9 Jul 2018 10:07AM
Ooh, yes. This is a good challenge. And you'll be glad to know my tea went down a treat this morning, although I still can't get that mould out of my mind. Grin
saltireblue Plus
8 8.6k 33 Norway
12 Jul 2018 12:00PM
Found the time to enter early, so I can now relax for the rest of the week and start thinking already about the b&w challenge.
Ahead of the game for once.
Hope the 'centre' I took is admissible, seeing the theme is the Americanization of the word...Wink

Shame about England yesterday *sniggers like Mutley*
sjr 1 320 England
12 Jul 2018 2:51PM
Good to know there is one entry and with what went yesterday there is now no excuses for being busy on Sunday.
DaveRyder Plus
4 2.7k 1 United Kingdom
12 Jul 2018 3:29PM
Will be doing mine soon.
I took a lovely little spider in it's web last weekend - 4 hrs before last weeks closed and this challenge announced.
So will repeat for challenge - when the little thing shows itself again.
DaveRyder Plus
4 2.7k 1 United Kingdom
12 Jul 2018 5:08PM
Had to settle for centre of a leaf, may change if it spins a web while I'm around.
saltireblue Plus
8 8.6k 33 Norway
12 Jul 2018 6:00PM

Quote:Good to know there is one entry and with what went yesterday there is now no excuses for being busy on Sunday.

There never was an excuse...Scotland missed out. Allez les Bleus!!!
DaveRyder Plus
4 2.7k 1 United Kingdom
13 Jul 2018 4:50PM
And the little spider came back and sat down beside her...

Well it sat back in the middle of it's web.
So although I prefer the original shot the replacement fits the challenge objective better.

That's in I've now got a weekend of clearing the kitchen ready for replacement to start Monday...... I may never be heard from again if Mrs D looses patience with me.

sjr 1 320 England
14 Jul 2018 8:43AM
I know nobody really needs reminding because the weekly macro challenge is the center of everyone's universe but just in case here is an early Saturday reminder for you to get those macro snaps going.
rhody 16 2.6k 2 United Kingdom
15 Jul 2018 4:21PM
Thanks for the reminder - I've added my version of the theme.
sjr 1 320 England
15 Jul 2018 4:58PM
I'm all done watching the action from center court so I can remind you all one final time you have just 3 hours to submit for this weeks challenge
saltireblue Plus
8 8.6k 33 Norway
15 Jul 2018 7:01PM

Quote:I'm all done watching the action from center court so I can remind you all one final time you have just 3 hours to submit for this weeks challenge

Wasn't aware that the Courts sat at the weekend. Was this the Magistrates or County Court?
sjr 1 320 England
15 Jul 2018 8:09PM
Time Ladies and Gentlemen please.
Give me 10 mins before I start checking your work I have 2 dogs who need a quick walk now it's cooling down a little.
sjr 1 320 England
15 Jul 2018 8:58PM
A truly great set of entries again this week and some great comments and stories attached as ever to make me chuckle.
I asked the wife to cast her eye over the pics for a bit of help she passed me my tablet back and said good luck picking a winner!

I could make a case for each one to be the winner this week, the job of judging gets more and more difficult and no one wants to win because of that but win one of you must and I'm afraid this weeks dubious honour goes back to...........................

Chris (SlowSong) Many Congratulations and thanks to you all for taking part.
DaveRyder Plus
4 2.7k 1 United Kingdom
15 Jul 2018 9:06PM
Well done Chris - and thanks Simon.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.