Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Exclusive 25% off Affinity Photo: Professional photo editing with no subscription!

Weekly Macro Challenge ending 8pm Sunday 18th March 2018 ~ Biscuits

sjr 1 220 England
12 Mar 2018 5:05AM
There has been a couple of food related challenges before but this week its specific to just one type of food.
So this weeks challenge lets see you take the BISCUIT

It maybe a single item challenge but hopeful with enough options to see lots of wonderful entries plus you have my permission once you have submitted your entry to eat your subject.
Unless you choose to photograph a dog or cat biscuit or for medical reasons you can't eat biscuits then maybe don't.

The Rules are:

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. The challenge runs from 8pm on the Sunday and runs until 8pm the following Sunday.
4. Only one upload per member.
5. Please feel free to comment on the entries once judging is complete.
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final.
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
8. Have fun

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

DaveRyder Plus
4 2.4k 1 United Kingdom
12 Mar 2018 7:54AM
Oh damn it, I'm going to be a stone heavier by next Sunday night. TongueWinkGrin

Bring on the jammy dodgers, garibaldi, bourbon creams, fig roles et al.

saltireblue Plus
8 8.1k 33 Norway
12 Mar 2018 8:14AM
Are crackers included? Thinking in terms of Jacobs Cream or Ritz...
EddieAC Plus
13 2.0k 2 United Kingdom
12 Mar 2018 9:25AM
A Nice challenge........
JawDborn Plus
6 1.2k 1 England
12 Mar 2018 9:56AM
Bu**er!. The GP put me on a biscuit and cake free diet. Still, perhaps I'll find the odd mouldy biscuit or two lurking under the sofa, if the mice haven't got there first.
sjr 1 220 England
12 Mar 2018 10:31AM

Quote:Are crackers included? Thinking in terms of Jacobs Cream or Ritz...

I have consulted google (other search engines are available) and crackers are indeed biscuits of a savory nature so yes crackers are acceptable. Which i suppose is quite apt in here.

I await the jaffa cake is it a biscuit or a cake debate. For me the answer to that is the clue is in the name surely?
saltireblue Plus
8 8.1k 33 Norway
12 Mar 2018 10:55AM

Quote:I await the jaffa cake is it a biscuit or a cake debate. For me the answer to that is the clue is in the name surely?

From the oracle of all knowledge, Wikipedia (other sources of all knowledge are available including the know-it-all at my local).

Quote:Jaffa Cakes are biscuit-sized cakes introduced by McVitie and Price in the UK in 1927 and named after Jaffa oranges. The most common form of Jaffa cakes are circular, 2 1⁄8 inches (54 mm) in diameter and have three layers: a Genoise sponge base, a layer of orange flavoured jam and a coating of chocolate.[1] Jaffa cakes are also available as bars or in small packs, and in larger and smaller sizes.[2] The original Jaffa Cakes come in packs of 12, 24 or 36.[3]

Because McVitie's did not trademark the name "Jaffa Cakes", other biscuit manufacturers and supermarkets have made similar products under the same name.[4] The product's classification as a cake or biscuit was part of a VAT tribunal in 1991, with the court finding in McVitie's favour that the Jaffa cake should be considered a cake for tax purposes.[5] In 2012 they were ranked the best selling cake or biscuit in the United Kingdom.[6]

JawDborn Plus
6 1.2k 1 England
12 Mar 2018 5:51PM
Well done, Malc. That really does take the biscuit.Smile
EddieAC Plus
13 2.0k 2 United Kingdom
12 Mar 2018 8:31PM
Does this mean the eventual winner of the challenge is a Jammy Dodger? Smile
13 Mar 2018 8:59PM

Quote:From the oracle of all knowledge, Wikipedia

Wrong....my.....err.....other half qualifies in this respect.....Tongue
sjr 1 220 England
15 Mar 2018 10:49PM
It is customary to gently nudge you all a reminder after the B&W challenge is over that the weekend is close and Macro Sunday is nearly upon us.
If anyone is planning to be Irish on Saturday maybe you should take your pictures before hand to avoid Guinness blur.
saltireblue Plus
8 8.1k 33 Norway
17 Mar 2018 12:15PM
Was feeling peckish so killed two birds with one stone, as it were, satisfying my stomach and the photographer within.Smile
DaveRyder Plus
4 2.4k 1 United Kingdom
17 Mar 2018 3:46PM
Got mine in but had to share the subject matter with 13yr old grandson.
When he said he was interested in what I was doing I stupidly thought we'd discuss f-stop and DoF.....
Crumbs was I wrong Wink
feen96 4 355 United Kingdom
17 Mar 2018 4:23PM
Two packets for a quid, it would be rude not to SmileSmile
saltireblue Plus
8 8.1k 33 Norway
17 Mar 2018 4:36PM

Quote:Two packets for a quid, it would be rude not to SmileSmile

Two packets of what?SmileSmile

128530_1521304582.jpg

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.