Panasonic 'Nature' Competition - Win A LUMIX FZ1000 II!

Weekly Macro Challenge ending 8pm Sunday 2nd June 2019 ~ Pairs


sjr 2 510 England
27 May 2019 6:43AM
Right then your challenge this week is simply PAIRS
So you can go for two of the same item or items that are naturally described as pairs eg. scissors, glasses, shoes, socks or final idea I will spoil you rotten and also let you go for pairs that are not the same but you would describe as a couple eg. nuts & bolts, knife & fork, chalk & cheese, pen & pencil you get the idea. Have a great week and I will see you all back hear Sunday to announce our winner.

The Rules are:

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. The challenge runs from 8pm on the Sunday and runs until 8pm the following Sunday.
4. Only one upload per member.
5. Please feel free to comment on the entries once judging is complete.
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final.
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
8. Anyone taking a picture of a single fruit with the same name as the theme title will be disqualified for not reading the rules.
9. Have Fun!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

EddieAC Plus
14 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
27 May 2019 1:36PM

Quote: 8. Anyone taking a picture of a single fruit with the same name as the theme title will be disqualified for not reading the rules.


How about if there's two of them? SmileSmileSmile
sjr 2 510 England
27 May 2019 1:47PM

Quote:
Quote: 8. Anyone taking a picture of a single fruit with the same name as the theme title will be disqualified for not reading the rules.


How about if there's two of them? SmileSmileSmile



Perfect Wink
saltireblue Plus
9 9.4k 35 Norway
27 May 2019 2:07PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: 8. Anyone taking a picture of a single fruit with the same name as the theme title will be disqualified for not reading the rules.


How about if there's two of them? SmileSmileSmile



Perfect Wink


Wouldn't that then be four? Do the rules allow for multiple pairs?
27 May 2019 9:08PM

Quote:Wouldn't that then be four? Do the rules allow for multiple pairs?


Now I’m confused..need to phone a friend....Ahh...! Diane Abbott..not a friend, but good with numbers...😁
sjr 2 510 England
28 May 2019 6:28AM
One pear = One pear
Two pears = A pair of pears
Three pears = A trio of pears
Four pears = two pairs of pears
Five pears = a quintet of pears
Six pears = a trio of pairs of pears
Hope that help = Just take a picture of two items that are the same or not.
Just in case someone asks a pair of tinned pears will be allowed.
saltireblue Plus
9 9.4k 35 Norway
28 May 2019 7:58AM
When is a pear not a pear?
When it's a pair.
Unless you are Schrödinger's cat....then not all is as it appears to be.
EddieAC Plus
14 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
28 May 2019 5:40PM
This may be the perfect excuse to get an Au Pair. Smile
saltireblue Plus
9 9.4k 35 Norway
28 May 2019 6:18PM

Quote:This may be the perfect excuse to get an Au Pair. Smile

Or even better, a pair of au pairs...
29 May 2019 8:31PM

Quote:
Right then your challenge this week is simply PAIRS



You set a seemingly simple challenge, and a few steps later...there’s haggling over (probably blonde..and Swedish...) young ladies in the household..

This group is doomed.... Sad but I’m not leaving just yet.....Tongue
EddieAC Plus
14 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
30 May 2019 5:01PM

Quote:
Quote:
Right then your challenge this week is simply PAIRS



You set a seemingly simple challenge, and a few steps later...there’s haggling over (probably blonde..and Swedish...) young ladies in the household..

This group is doomed.... Sad but I’m not leaving just yet.....Tongue



Don't worry, we will not let This group go pair shaped!!! Smile
SlowSong Plus
10 8.1k 30 England
31 May 2019 2:09PM
Well, I've deffo gone pearshaped. Had a brainwave this morning while I was out and about, took me photo, just processed it, then noticed it was a Macro challenge subject, not a b/w challenge. I can't even use it for the other lot either.
Back to the drawing board. Blush
saltireblue Plus
9 9.4k 35 Norway
31 May 2019 3:05PM

Quote:Well, I've deffo gone pearshaped. Had a brainwave this morning while I was out and about, took me photo, just processed it, then noticed it was a Macro challenge subject, not a b/w challenge. I can't even use it for the other lot either.
Back to the drawing board. Blush



TongueTongueSmileSmileSmile



DaveRyder Plus
5 3.2k 1 United Kingdom
31 May 2019 5:34PM
Well after much consideration.... Well OK 5mins.
The micro SD card and adapter I won a couple of weeks ago on the Super Saturday Challenge.

Now on to the B&W challenge.
I'm in with a pair of shoes.

The shoes (and, indeed, the dress pictured with them) are what I was wearing last night when Mr PL took me out for a very posh meal to celebrate me gaining another (significant) year's worth of life experience and wisdom! Smile


Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.