Get 70% Off Franzis Cutout 8 Pro Background Editor Software

Weekly Macro Challenge ending Sunday 23rd February 2020 - A Half

EddieAC 15 2.7k 2 United Kingdom
17 Feb 2020 10:36AM
After spending the evening and night trying to get the brain cells going to come up with a new theme for the following week I took inspiration from a post in the last challenge.

Malc had jokingly stated that my username stands for "Eddie Arthritic Club" but due to my close up vision deteriorating and not wearing my reading glasses, I had read it as "Eddie Arithmetic Club". Smile

This got me thinking numbers and as it is half term week this week I decided to go with "Half" for the theme. As I have come to know since joining the groups that there is no such thing as a bad theme, I am sure all you masterful photographers can make it work. Smile

So there are a few ways this can be made to work. A subject such as an Apple cut in half which can reveal texture and detail inside, a subject cut in half by framing so it appears half in and out of the photo or maybe only one of a pair so a Salt shaker without the Pepper one can work.

Have a good week all. Smile

The Rules are:

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. The challenge runs from 8pm on the Sunday and runs until 8pm the following Sunday.
4. Only one upload per member.
5. Please feel free to comment on the entries once judging is complete.
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final.
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
8. Don't think about your subject half heartedly
9. Have fun

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

DaveRyder Plus
6 3.9k 2 United Kingdom
17 Feb 2020 10:59AM
Given half a chance I'll get an entry in.
saltireblue Plus
9 10.4k 59 Norway
17 Feb 2020 1:04PM
I've half a mind to enter this challenge...
17 Feb 2020 6:12PM
There used to be a DJ called Alan Freeman whose catch phrase was "Not 'arf" ... which has nothing to do with this at all, other thajn inspiring me to chop and old 45 record in half which would have made a good subject. I suppose they would be 22 and a halves then.
saltireblue Plus
9 10.4k 59 Norway
17 Feb 2020 6:21PM

Quote:There used to be a DJ called Alan Freeman whose catch phrase was "Not 'arf" ... which has nothing to do with this at all, other thajn inspiring me to chop and old 45 record in half which would have made a good subject. I suppose they would be 22 and a halves then.

Ah, yes - good ol' Fluff Freeman as he was called.
20 Feb 2020 10:34PM
Well, now over halfway through the week so a little bump required.
saltireblue Plus
9 10.4k 59 Norway
21 Feb 2020 9:59AM

Quote:Well, now over halfway through the week so a little bump required.

Half a bump is a sufficiency, methinks...
DaveRyder Plus
6 3.9k 2 United Kingdom
21 Feb 2020 3:49PM
Well a trip to local Railway Museum gave shots for this and B&W challenge.
Here it's a cut away of a steam valve.
cattyal Plus
14 9.0k 6 England
22 Feb 2020 10:43PM
I've not the foggiest idea of what to do for this challenge but will come up with something by 8pm on Sunday - hopefully!
SlowSong Plus
11 8.7k 30 England
23 Feb 2020 3:56PM
Got my challenges mixed up so have had a rethink. I only had half a mind on it yesterday. Smile
23 Feb 2020 8:06PM
Times
23 Feb 2020 8:06PM
Up!!
23 Feb 2020 8:07PM
Phew, had to signal the end of the challenge in two halves. Back soon with a whole decision. Smile
23 Feb 2020 8:43PM
Back again and as expected nobody made any half hearted attempts as is usual for this group. Smile

After much deliberation I have decided to award the honours for this weeks winner to Andrew for "Half at a half". A very nice image and yes, the ink and fluff does add character. Well suited to black and white as well. Smile

So well done to Andrew and many thanks to everyone for taking part this week!!
DaveRyder Plus
6 3.9k 2 United Kingdom
23 Feb 2020 8:55PM
Well done Andrew, that's the type of shot to take the challenge, and thanks for hosting Eddie.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.