Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Weekly Macro Challenge ending Sunday 9th June. Jewelry and Ornaments

robtaylor 14 55 1 England
4 Jun 2013 7:03PM

Quote:You didn't say whether or not you accepted Rob!

That was the hard part. I didn't win any races and it would have cost me too much to post the camel back to England. We have just celebrated (?) thirty six years of marriage so I think I made the right choice, or so I keep getting reminded. Grin

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

petebfrance 3 1.5k France
8 Jun 2013 1:19PM
Hello. After a really impressive thunder storm yesterday*, the weather is pretty dull here today - in fact, not bad at all for taking and preparing an entry for the Weekly Macro ChallengeSmile

*Well, I was trying to think of a really subtle way of introducing the subject Wink
Griff2012 Plus
3 363 1 United Kingdom
8 Jun 2013 3:04PM
Hello, Pete. Even though it is amazingly sunny here, resisted the temptation to rush outside and set up my entry for the challenge instead Smile Jacqui
8 Jun 2013 3:33PM
That's the spirit, Jacqui, even if it does depress me just a little bit about the weatherWink Actually, it's picked up here, and I've just spent an entirely fruitless half hour or so trying to photograph a hatch of silver 'y' moths. All photos are wonderfully blurred - the **** things just won't keep still. Here's the best, but at half resolution because at full resolution it's just a blurry mess:
smallsy.jpg

skulking in the greenhouse. I was trying to get rid of the bar, but, well.. at least it shows the markings, I suppose.
Griff2012 Plus
3 363 1 United Kingdom
8 Jun 2013 9:27PM
It may be blurred but wow what a beautiful moth. You mentioned a swallowtail on the 'garden' thread hope the pics come out for that too. Smile Hope you have more sunshine tomorrow, Jacqui
8 Jun 2013 9:40PM

Quote:It may be blurred but wow what a beautiful moth. You mentioned a swallowtail on the 'garden' thread hope the pics come out for that too. Smile Hope you have more sunshine tomorrow, Jacqui

Jacqui - thanks, yes silver y s have really beautifully patterned wings.
Swallowtails are reasonably restful so the pics were fine. I've put one in my PF and may upload a few more, but I already have a number there...
hope your good weather continues, ours is looking promising....
Pete
9 Jun 2013 1:59PM
Just a quick reminder to get you macro photos of Jewelry / Ornaments in. Some great ones already loaded......
Gary66 2 158 England
9 Jun 2013 3:29PM
On nights at the mo, so haven't had the time I hoped for this week to dazzle you all, but pleased with my entry, hope you like it.
B Lucky
9 Jun 2013 8:03PM
OK, time's up.
Many thanks for excellent images (and making picking the winner difficult...). Will be back soon.
9 Jun 2013 8:39PM
Very difficult, I'm afraid I really struggled. They were all really excellent and worthy winners in their own right. However, a decision is necessary.

In the end I've gone for Stuart's image - but a few comments:

Rob - excellent macro of the ring, good detail and texture and a rather nicely-judged off-centre composition
Jacqui - super close-up and very well-balanced composition, some really well-chosen shapes too...
Slowsong - 3rd. Great, graphic image, very simple, very well balanced
Gary - 2nd Really excellent. It was between this and Stuart's image and a very close decision
Stuart - 1st Lovely, graceful image. The balance of the composition seems to me 'just there' - a fraction off either way and the weights would have been unevenly distributed. Lovely lighting
Cattyal - excellent off-centre composition and use of repetition, light and texture.

Congratulations and over to you, Stuart
9 Jun 2013 9:59PM
Thanks Pete for your comments, much appreciated. Well done to all who took part. Hopefully will see you all again next week with the new subject I have just posted.

Regards, Stuart
SlowSong Plus
7 5.3k 29 England
9 Jun 2013 10:15PM
Well done Stuart. A true macro image. Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.