PortraitPro 22 Save An Extra 20% With Code: EZJ22

Weekly Modification Challenge - end 6 p.m. Mon 17th Jan 2022

10 Jan 2022 11:15PM

Thanks for choosing me to be setting this weeks challenge, this is a drone shot I took this weekend, it is nothing special but I bet my friends can make it fantastic, good luck and have fun

Challenge guidelines:
1. Base image must be jpeg, full size, not resized and not processed in any form or fashion.
2. Download the base image by right clicking and saving to your device.
3. Modify in whatever way you wish - anything goes
NB! Please do not use copyrighted images or parts thereof that are not your own. Copyright-free stock images are allowed.
4. Upload your modified image to the thread as a new comment.
5. A limit of 3 modified images per person.
6. Comments on what you have done are encouraged - others are interested to know what effects have been applied.
7. The winner, as decided by the person running the challenge that week, will be announced as soon after the deadline on Mondays as possible.
8. Challenge setter must also inform the winner by PM in case they are not logged in.
9. The winner must upload a new challenge image asap, and at the latest in the course of Tuesday.
11 Jan 2022 7:21AM
well I'll declare myself out of this one this week as I dont have any overhead shots I can use, good luck everyone, looking forward to seeing the modifications.
11 Jan 2022 8:52AM
I don't see we need to use overhead shots for this modification. I think we all need to think out the box and try new ideas instead of copy and pasting an object into the image.
How about turning the road into a belt on an attractive model or putting it onto a plate as part of a meal. Why not just process the image and get the colours right and crop to your liking?
These modifications are designed to get us out of the ruts we often get stuck in and inject some challenge into our photography journey

SteveSmile
11 Jan 2022 9:12AM
Fair enough Steve Iíll get my thinking cap on Wink
altitude50 17 22.0k United Kingdom
11 Jan 2022 10:07AM
Just a basic, crude attempt. Abnormal load, a house being moved down a country road on a low loader strikes overhead power lines bringing down the pylon at the edge of a field. The field is covered in crop circles, two visible. Nobody injured.
All my own work.
21670_1641895614.jpg
EXIF
11 Jan 2022 2:44PM

Quote:I don't see we need to use overhead shots for this modification. I think we all need to think out the box and try new ideas instead of copy and pasting an object into the image.
How about turning the road into a belt on an attractive model or putting it onto a plate as part of a meal. Why not just process the image and get the colours right and crop to your liking?
These modifications are designed to get us out of the ruts we often get stuck in and inject some challenge into our photography journey

Steve

I really like this - wish I could find a quicker way of communicating that with you!!!

And how much longer is this nonsense going to go on!?

Like your entry Richard - very good thinking outside of the box.
11 Jan 2022 3:13PM
Tianshi_angie

11 Jan 2022 3:13PM
Altitude50

capto Plus
9 6.9k 26 United Kingdom
11 Jan 2022 5:20PM
197810_1641921523.jpg
EXIF

Used the distort.wave filter in PS and layer mask to just affect the road.
11 Jan 2022 5:24PM
Capto - Like
11 Jan 2022 6:07PM
Capto - really LIKE
saltireblue Plus
11 12.6k 79 Norway
11 Jan 2022 6:34PM
Nothing very expert - just done for a bit of fun, and because I found the aerial view an interesting challenge.
Added free stock images of vehicles after distorting the road using Affinity Photo, then added a cloud layer to make it seem like a drone image on a cloudy day. Two police vehicles attending an incident and blocking the road for other traffic.
128530_1641926062.jpg
EXIF
11 Jan 2022 6:58PM
oK I've tried, just found an old image of a minion and used that. Slight tweak to levels and bobs your uncle... or is that Gru ?

17804_1641927503.jpg
EXIF
11 Jan 2022 8:54PM
Like Malcolm's interpretation - I think many of us have stayed with the road theme!

And K has also stayed with the road theme - which I think I know several if my great grandchildren will be longing for more Minions. Well done K.
11 Jan 2022 9:00PM
273254_1641934470.jpg
EXIF

I turned the road into a dual carriageway and added a few more cars. (Finding cars photographed from straight down was a little difficult I found! - so well done Mal.) Somewhere along the way the image took on all sorts of odd glows which I could not trace - went up and down my layers turning them on and off and but couldn't track it down so converted the light to an evening sunset to even them out a little. Thanks for the challenge Steve.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.