Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Enter ePHOTOzine's Prize Draw, with fab gifts for everyone! Click Here

Well done Sigma

Willpower 5 391 United Kingdom
13 Sep 2012 2:04PM
A few years ago I bought a Sigma 18-200 OS lens off an auction site 2nd hand. The lens performed well for about 2 years then developed a fault where the image quivered in the viewfinder. I considered this as a consequence of buying 2nd hand. However I then had a slight panic as this was only 1 month before I was due to go on a once in a lifetime holiday to China.

As I was pleased with the results of this lens and was used to using it and in view of my impending holiday, I purchase a brand new identical lens from Warehouse Express.
That was in 2010. I have been using this lens constantly ever since. About 2 months ago this new (ish) lens started behaving the same way as the previous one.
So I wrote to Sigma. They replied and suggested that I send the lens to them for repair. I received an acknowledgement of receipt this morning.

At the bottom is a Remarks line : Done free of charge as a good will gesture

Remember that the Sigma guarantee is for 1 year and this lens is now over 2 years old. Well done Sigma this is customer service as it should be.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

13 Sep 2012 2:22PM
Always good to have some positive feedback in this world! Wink
13 Sep 2012 3:53PM
Nice one Sigma!

I'll keep that in mind should my Sigma lenses ever need repairing Smile
Willpower 5 391 United Kingdom
13 Sep 2012 4:20PM
Precisely. In my discussions with them they pointed out that they have a standard tariff for repairs, based on the type of lens itself, should it be out of warranty. Which I think is also very fair. In my case it was 98 which I was prepared to pay.

So you can imagine my pleasure on receiving a FOC repair. They obviously considered that the repetition of the same fault on the same type of lens on a second occasion, was worthy of some goodwill.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.