PortraitPro Flash Sale - 50% Off + Get An Extra 20% Off with Code: EZ89

Wet Canon

snapman11 13 14 United Kingdom
25 Jul 2020 4:14PM
I unfortunately left my canon 5d11 out in the garden , and of course it rained during the night. the window on top with all the informationm was full of water, !!! I opened the battery door ,removed the battery, took out the card.... used my partners hair drier untill the water and condensation dispersed ,but now I find it showed all the information at once !! then blank, i cannot use live view but I can use the camera on automatic is it worth having it serviced thanks for reading

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Railcam 13 842 2 Scotland
25 Jul 2020 5:31PM
Suggest you put it in the airing cupboard for about three days so that is thouroughly dry - then try it. Some of the deep insides could still be wet.
25 Jul 2020 6:11PM
When my wife accidentally took her mobile phone swimming (in the sea), she dried it out by burying it in rice for a couple of days. Worked perfectly afterwards. Might be worth a go. Note: dry rice, not rice pudding...
Dave_Canon Plus
14 1.8k United Kingdom
25 Jul 2020 8:05PM
You might also consider obtaining a claim form from your insurance company.

Dave
snapman11 13 14 United Kingdom
25 Jul 2020 9:32PM
I think if i had insurance i wouldn't have asked the question thanks anywa
thanks for the rice pudding tip i was going to use custard !!!!hot not powder xxxxxx
26 Jul 2020 9:50AM
Rice in a ziplock bag and leave for some days - not in a warm place as this could cause moulds to grow.
26 Jul 2020 3:12PM
even better than rice, silica gel or one of those damp / moisture trap bags

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.