Save An Extra 20% On Portrait Pro v21 With Code: EPBF20

What gadget would you invent?

Pete Plus
19 18.8k 97 England
21 Aug 2013 6:25PM
Just filling in a survey and one of the questions was really interesting:

Quote:
If money were no object and limitations didn't exist, what one gadget would you invent?

I put that mine would be a Dreams Visual Recorder ...but then I thought a way back machine would be good as I oftne wish I could see how things were at a distant point in history.

What would you invent?
lawbert 13 1.8k 15 England
21 Aug 2013 6:45PM
It would be an EC button for epz, I reckon id clean upTongue
MikeA 15 1.3k England
21 Aug 2013 6:57PM
A please answer only "Yes" or "No" gadget for interviewing politicians.
monstersnowman 15 1.7k 1 England
21 Aug 2013 7:56PM
Im still waiting for a hoverboard ...
saltireblue Plus
10 11.2k 68 Norway
21 Aug 2013 8:06PM
An invisible camera that could be used in a way that didn't make it look as if you were using an invisible camera, just for candid street photography.
davereet 16 443 United Kingdom
21 Aug 2013 8:11PM
A machine for curing religious fanatics Grin

Dave
21 Aug 2013 11:53PM
I'd invent a remote control to control rowdy screaming kids the mute button would be heaven Wink
kenskinn 14 75 England
22 Aug 2013 7:17AM
I think a tripod based on the T.V.Steadycam principle would be good,would stop all the jobs worths saying tripods not allowed!!
MikeRC 15 3.6k United Kingdom
22 Aug 2013 8:06AM

Quote:but then I thought a way back machine would be good as I oftne wish I could see how things were at a distant point in history.

Perhaps you could also include a fast forward button on the machine:

...you get to my age and you're 'gonna miss all the all the great stuff that will happen in the future.

.....and the bad things too Smile
sherlob Plus
14 3.1k 129 United Kingdom
22 Aug 2013 10:14AM
A weather controller for customising the conditions when going out with the camera.
SlowSong Plus
12 9.3k 30 England
22 Aug 2013 10:52AM
A force field shield which would surround me so that I could go out anywhere, day or night, and be safe from attack or harm.
Oh, and it would be weatherproof too.
22 Aug 2013 11:31AM
Portable remote IQ meter with BS detectorWinkSmileSmile
sherlob Plus
14 3.1k 129 United Kingdom
22 Aug 2013 11:55AM

Quote:Portable remote IQ meter

I have one of those - its called my 'opinion' WinkTongue
JackAllTog Plus
11 6.1k 58 United Kingdom
22 Aug 2013 12:48PM
Paradox free Time travel, to allow the best of all times all the time. Oh and a Selfishness removing filter on it so that it would be good for all and not just you.
joolsb 16 27.1k 38 Switzerland
22 Aug 2013 2:27PM

Quote:Paradox free Time travel, to allow the best of all times all the time.

But if time truly is a dimension, changing the past would only have an effect on the present if the whole chain of causality was repeated. Let's say time is like a film reel. If someone was to change a few frames that have already passed through the gate it would have no effect on the film as seen by the audience until the film is rewound to just before the change and played again.

Or, put it another way. If I was walking through a featureless desert and decided to mark where I have been with a trail of pebbles so others could find me and then someone secretly moved some of the pebbles to create a 'false' trail, I wouldn't suddenly find myself inexplicably transported to some random location. I could only get to the random location if I was to go back to my starting point and follow the false trail.

So, no paradox. Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.