What are you listening to?

Just Jas 17 26.3k 1 England
3 Nov 2018 12:31AM
Youtube - calikokat piano.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

9 Nov 2018 2:30PM

Quote:Yes!!! George Jones! A friend helped deliver a bed for us a couple weeks ago, and when he started the truck, the radio came on. After a few songs, I realised; man, these are old; I believe some were pre-George Jones. I like to sit and listen to his memorial service on youtube every now and then, helps put things in their places. Most of the new stuff can't be understood anyway; they give themselves all kinds of awards for writing songs no one ever heard.

Noticed your post a few days back. Just been back on the web and searching for George's music. What a performer. He could have sung "Three Blind Mice,"The Nuns'Chorus" or whatever, and still have made a hit with them.
First discovered American Country Music about 1961 with my transistor radio - living on the North East coat of England, I could hear the AFN broadcasts about 5 a.m., and then in the afternoon at about 3 p.m. The afternoon prog. was called "The Hillbilly Gashouse " Hooked on that and then in the early 1960s up came George Jones, together with Gene Pitney, and then Melba Montgomery. As you mention modern country - rubbish. I could not stand Garth Brooks all those years back.
1 Aug 2019 8:56PM
Just discovered an old George Jones song from the 60s - "My Tears Are Overdue." One million times better than all this modern country cr*p which is released today.
And how I came about this song was searching the web re George, and then finding out he recorded old songs, before his time, which were written by Dallas Frazier, and also Leon Payne.
1 Aug 2019 9:29PM
Willie Nelson - "Funny How Time Slips Away"

Especially when on this forum Smile
1 Aug 2019 9:30PM
Willy Nelson - "For the Good Times"

Especially when Pete was about Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.