Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

What Are You Reading

saltireblue Plus
5 5.0k 29 Norway
3 Sep 2014 3:47PM
TanyaH + black lace...hmmmWink

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

TanyaH Plus
12 1.0k 216 United Kingdom
3 Sep 2014 4:51PM

Quote:TanyaH + black lace...hmmmWink

Ah, don't get your hopes up Malc ... it's only what I hear through the grapevine Tongue
I thought it was some sort of underground lace making circle ... Wink
saltireblue Plus
5 5.0k 29 Norway
3 Sep 2014 5:58PM

Quote:TanyaH + black lace...hmmmWink

Ah, don't get your hopes up Malc ... it's only what I hear through the grapevine Tongue
I thought it was some sort of underground lace making circle ... Wink

I believe you...Wink
seahawk Plus
8 707 United Kingdom
4 Sep 2014 11:07AM
Currently, 'A Thousand Years of Annoying the French'. Hilarious.
SlowSong Plus
7 5.3k 29 England
4 Sep 2014 4:18PM

Quote:Currently, 'A Thousand Years of Annoying the French'. Hilarious.
I'm all for that! Grin
bricurtis Plus
10 2.0k 49 England
4 Sep 2014 9:27PM
Alex - Pierre Lemaitre ....book 1 of a trilogy... French crime writer..... his 1st translated to English book.

Just found out ... published in wrong order ... it's really book 2. SadSadSad
SlowSong Plus
7 5.3k 29 England
4 Sep 2014 9:29PM

Quote:Alex - Pierre Lemaitre ....book 1 of a trilogy... French crime writer..... his 1st translated to English book.

Just found out ... published in wrong order ... it's really book 2. SadSadSad

Bummer! Grin
TanyaH Plus
5 Sep 2014 1:06PM
Now onto Fallen by Karen Slaughter ... Grin
bricurtis Plus
10 2.0k 49 England
5 Sep 2014 3:09PM
I've read all Karin Slaughters books over the years. Liked the Grant County series best.

Starts with 'Blindsighted'.
TanyaH Plus
5 Sep 2014 3:18PM
She's one of my favourite authors for the crime genre, up there with Val McDermid Smile
col.campbell 11 929 4 United Kingdom
5 Sep 2014 6:00PM
Last night I finished One Bullet Away by Nathaniel Fisk. Not Earth - shatteringly different to any of the other contemporary war stories but I thought his writing is better than most. Refreshingly honest in places too, about fear, integrity and self-doubt.

Next: The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.
5 Sep 2014 6:03PM
Ah. Actually I've been wanting to read that copy of Kallocain by Karin Boyes that I have lying around somewhere. Decisions, decisions.
StrayCat Plus
11 16.6k 2 Canada
10 Jun 2015 12:20AM
I'm 40 some pages into The Year of Living Biblically by A. J. Jacobs. So far it's got me hooked. Don't be thrown off by the title. I'm actually marking pages for future reference, I think it's going to be the first book I read more than once. At times hilarious, and others just downright interesting and thought provoking, and I'm not talking about religion, I'm talking about the instructions found in the Bible for living a decent life, according to people several thousand years ago. The author is an agnostic, from a non-practising Jewish family in Manhatten, New York. He said the closest his family got to practising religion was putting a Star of David on top of the Christmas Tree. Well worth reading, at least once. The same author wrote a book about reading the Encyclopedia Britannica word for word; my copy from the 70s has 43,000,000 words; I didn't count them, I took their word for it.
12 Jun 2015 12:05PM
I finally got around to picking up that copy of Kallocain I mentioned ages ago, by Karin Boye; almost finished now.

A classic dystopian, apparently, and one of Orwell's inspirations in writing 1984. There are definitely some strong similarities, including total control by the State, omnipresent surveillance, and betrayal. Reminiscent also of Crime And Punishment, I thought, although I can't put my finger on the reason why.

Next: something lighter, perhaps.
altitude50 11 5.4k United Kingdom
1 Jul 2015 6:26PM
'The White Rabbit' by Bruce Marshall.

True story of a very brave, intelligent man in WW2. I hadn't read it since the 60's, well worth a read.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.