Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

What Are You Reading

Paul Morgan 20 19.5k 6 England
22 Apr 2020 9:22AM
I love their books, got a few myself Including this one

Got my eyes on a few more.

By the way, it was not a dig at you Chris, just venting after hearing/seeing those silly Muppet's in those US states protesting for there freedom and an end to there lock down when there are many people putting there own lives on the line every single day to protect them and keep them well.
SlowSong Plus
12 9.6k 30 England
22 Apr 2020 9:34AM

Quote:By the way, it was not a dig at you Chris, just venting after hearing/seeing those silly Muppet's in those US states protesting for there freedom and an end to there lock down when there are many people putting there own lives on the line every single day to protect them and keep them well.

??? Am I misunderstanding something? Don't remember you having a go about anything (to me, anyway). I'll blame it on the lockdown. Grin

(Ah, just clicked on the link. Grin) You confused me by alluding to a different thread altogether.
Duh!

SlowSong Plus
12 9.6k 30 England
22 Apr 2020 11:07AM
Having got through the first chapter of the book, I watched the first episode of Wolf Hall from the BBC last night. I was interested to know what killed Cromwell's wife and daughters, and found this article on line. Interesting, and, it seems, nothing new under the sun.

https://theconversation.com/what-was-sweating-sickness-the-mysterious-tudor-plague-of-wolf-hall-37194

22 Apr 2020 11:27AM
I've just finished Jon Ronson's The Psychopath Test, now reading his Them, Adventures with Extremists.. nothing too heavy ;-0
I do like his style of writing though, I have the attention span of a gnat sometimes with books, but he keeps me wanting to read more.
SlowSong Plus
12 9.6k 30 England
22 Apr 2020 7:22PM

Quote:I've just finished Jon Ronson's The Psychopath Test, now reading his Them, Adventures with Extremists.. nothing too heavy ;-0
I do like his style of writing though, I have the attention span of a gnat sometimes with books, but he keeps me wanting to read more.

Have just read reviews of this as it's completely out of my sphere of reading matter. I think i might give it a go as it does sound interesting.

Am still sticking with Wolf Hall and, having been watching the tv adaptation, it does make the book more understandable as you can visualise all the characters (of which there are very many). Mantel's writing is phenominal. Totally out of my usual genre, but I'm really enjoying it. If it hadn't of been for lockdown I'd never have even thought of reading it.

23 Apr 2020 5:18AM

Quote:
Quote:By the way, it was not a dig at you Chris, just venting after hearing/seeing those silly Muppet's in those US states protesting for there freedom and an end to there lock down when there are many people putting there own lives on the line every single day to protect them and keep them well.

??? Am I misunderstanding something? Don't remember you having a go about anything (to me, anyway). I'll blame it on the lockdown. Grin

(Ah, just clicked on the link. Grin) You confused me by alluding to a different thread altogether.
Duh!

Been just so vexed Chris, me taken a few hours ago, just to tired for heavy duty text, a photo book and a bottle does me after I get home.
599_1587614418.jpg

Stuff like this really disturbs me

I fear for those I care for, my colleagues, our families if we bring it home, so pissed off I got a few pictures like this, includes yet another photo book, kinda fitted.

599_1587615390.jpg

Now working on the most difficult doc I`ve ever attempted, my own.

SlowSong Plus
12 9.6k 30 England
1 May 2020 7:05PM
Bring up the Bodies. I thought I'd never get past Chapter 1 of Wolf Hall, but it was addictive.
bricurtis Plus
15 2.4k 51 England
2 May 2020 12:40AM
The Power of the Dog by Don Winslow - first book of a trilogy.
SlowSong Plus
12 9.6k 30 England
2 May 2020 7:22AM

Quote:The Power of the Dog by Don Winslow - first book of a trilogy.
Looked up the blurb. Wasn't what I was expecting. Grin
7 May 2020 11:25PM

Quote:
Quote:Photo books.

Check out Hoxton Mini Press , a great place and there offering good deals at the mo.

Thanks for the reminder Paul. I meant to order the new book about Dogs in Cars last week and forgot. Now done. Smile Got quite a few of these books; they're excellent.

Have you got it yet Chris, if you have what do you think of it.

Just received Katie Waggett`s "Sunday Best" a lovely book and waiting on Barry Lewis`s "Butlins 82" though I might have to wait a bit for delivery of this one as its signed and includes a print.
SlowSong Plus
12 9.6k 30 England
8 May 2020 10:57AM

Quote:Thanks for the reminder Paul. I meant to order the new book about Dogs in Cars last week and forgot. Now done. Smile Got quite a few of these books; they're excellent.

Quote:Have you got it yet Chris, if you have what do you think of it.

The images are nice and he's gone to a lot of trouble setting up the shoots. If I'd seen it in a shop first I wouldn't have bought it as I think it's too expensive for what it is, but I'm not spending money anywhere else at the moment so not a problem.
8 May 2020 8:03PM
From what I`ve seen Chris the pictures are really lovely in that book.

Flicking through this one at the mo.

599_1588964416.jpg

I find the prices more than reasonable in this day and age and these guys go above and beyond.

If anyone`s interested in Photo books they really should check out Hoxton Mini Press.

There has never been a better time for reading or collecting books.
8 May 2020 8:13PM
SlowSong Plus
12 9.6k 30 England
8 May 2020 10:08PM
I've got about half a dozen hoxten books. I especially like the city and hackney ones. I was born in hackney so i do recognise quite a bit of it.
chavender Plus
10 507 1 France
8 May 2020 10:32PM

Quote: I was born in hackney
Would that be within the sound of bow bells?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.