What are your ND and ND GRAD Filter recommendations?

cosmic_spunk 11 15 Switzerland
5 Jan 2009 9:17AM

Quote:Quote:I prefer to capture images close to how I view them, so I think I can live without a 3 stop ND Grad, so I think I will be considering the 1 and 2 stop ND Grads for now from Lee...Just my opinion, but looking at the second and third images you linked don't think you'll ever use the 1-stop grad. I've got 2-stop hard, 3-stop hard and 3-stop soft. If I had a 1-stop grad it would only ever be used with a 3 to make 4. The 2 on it's own would not be enough for most evening shots.

Mike

Thanks Mike.... I had a look at Bythom's 101 Filter's page... and his recommendation was the same... to start off a 2 stop Soft and a 3 Stop Hard. I shall have a word with Lee to see find out if they have an equivalent for the Singh Ray's Reverse Grad.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

5 Jan 2009 9:19AM

Quote:And the first image looks like a flashgun job, not an ND

Aparently the image has two bits, the background with the flowing water was achieved with the Singh Ray's Vari Duo and then as you mentioned a strobe was used to take the pic of the fisherman and the images were then super imposed..... I really did liked the feel to it.
5 Jan 2009 9:22AM

Quote:Quote:If you go for Lee filters they'll re-dye the filters at any time in the future when they eventually fade.
I've had mine for over 10 years and had them re-dyed, for free, a while ago. Lee's after sale service is second to none, in my opinion.

Thanks for sharing this with me, I think the Lee filters are priced just right, if they have such a gurantee, I think the price is worth..

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.