Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

What are your views on EssentialPhoto 4200W Continuous Lighting Kit??

irish 17 227 Ireland
12 Dec 2013 10:52PM
EssentialPhoto 4200W Continuous Lighting Kit

Im looking at this lighting kit

http://www.amazon.co.uk/EssentialPhoto-Continuous-Lighting-Softbox-Flicker/dp/B00C2SXBEU/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ph_10

EssentialPhoto 4200W Continuous Lighting Kit Three Softbox Boom Stand 5500K Flicker Free Bulbs 3X1400W 7 Bulb Head Unit +Boom Stand +Softbox +Carry Bag

For Video and photography work

is the light powerful at 1400W's?

ta
Micheal
18 Dec 2013 10:46PM
Depends what you want to use them for. They look brighter than they are and the throw of light is far shorter than a strobe. They also may not give you the shutter speeds you might expect, so don't expect to freeze a model in motion. 4200w sounds a lot, but that's probably at bulb source.

Asda sell a tiny LED torch for 3 and when you look at it it's blindingly bright. Take it for a walk and you have a range of about 3M - I digress, although it's a valid example.

For food and product they're okay and they're safe to handle within a few minutes of finishing a shoot. The stands tend to be lightweight and need ballast when at full height (or heavier stands).

I've been using 4 pairs of varying power (about 6000w equivalent output) for some video work and their biggest advantage is that the studio doesn't reach 90F in 10 minutes.

They collapse down to very portable (I can fit restaurant/product kit in a Boxster with Manfrotto stands in the passenger well).

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.