Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

What do you collect?

sinzine 16 37 United Kingdom
9 Apr 2005 4:40AM
Completely unrelated to photography (hence it being in the off-topic forum, i guess Wink )

Does anyone collect anything really intriguing, strange, bizarre?

For me, it has to be anything related to US prisoner Charles Manson; books, letters, envelopes, handmade crafts etc.

What about you?
Cephus 16 2.6k England
9 Apr 2005 4:54AM
Bills
:o)
spaceman 16 5.3k 3 Wales
9 Apr 2005 4:58AM
I collect dust.
mikeyc71 17 1.2k
9 Apr 2005 5:00AM
My camera collects dust.
DanSig Plus
16 288 Iceland
9 Apr 2005 5:00AM
Charles Manson has never been one of my favorites... hope youre not collecting his victims aswell Wink

I collect everything tecnincal, like home cinema, DVD players (got 6), speakers and such, I collect CDs got about 1000 music CDs, and I collect comuters and peripherals, got 3 computers, 2 printers and loads of stuff.. 1120GB harddiskspace.. yes I reached the 1TB mark Smile

and I am a qualified plumber so I collect all kinds of tools, both electrical and manual Smile
digicammad 17 22.0k 40 United Kingdom
9 Apr 2005 5:02AM
I collect money, but I'm having trouble hanging on to my collection because everybody else seems to want to collect it too.

Ian
mikeyc71 17 1.2k
9 Apr 2005 5:04AM
LOL Ian, I think your talking about the taxman or maybe Gordon Brown Smile
kit-monster 17 3.7k 2 Singapore
9 Apr 2005 5:09AM
Kit . . . no surprise there then.
silvina 16 9
9 Apr 2005 5:11AM
Anything related to turtles and tortoises: magazine and paper articles, books, toys, figurines, etc.
Silvi
digicammad 17 22.0k 40 United Kingdom
9 Apr 2005 5:11AM
Taxman, Gordon Brown, wife, BT, water, council, etc, etc, .....
c_evans99 17 7.0k 1 Wales
9 Apr 2005 5:12AM
Records: Fairly large collection of NWOBHM LPs and singles, a lot of which were bought either at the time, or in record fairs during the eighties and early ninetees. Some of the prices these days scare me Smile

Books: I amassed a huge collection of SF books during my teens - we're taklking a couple of thousand. I still buy the occasional SF book, but largely to keep up runs of prizewinners.

Cameras: a variety of collections really.

There's the Kodak Snaphot collection, a representative sample of Kodak post-war cameras, from 620 box designs to disposables and APS (haven't a digital one yet). Also unexposed film, promotional items, accesories (filters, flashguns, slide mounts etc).

Fifties German miniatures - mostly Agfa Silettes and Kodak Retinettes, but a few Retinas, Frankas, Edixas and Altixes. Together with accesories, manuals etc.

Prakticas: Started this one last year, and I've quite a few now. Starting with the Praktica IV to the first L series models. I've picked up quite a few lenses for these, and do collect the different variants of Zeiss Jena, Meyer and Pentacon.

Books and magazines: magazines covering the thirties to the eighties, books from the twenties onwards, but particularly Focal Press Photoguides, BJP annuals, different editions of the 'All in one' book.

Anyone care to visit the Basingstoke Museum of Ropey Old Cameras?

Ceri Smile
Ade_Osman 17 4.5k 36 England
9 Apr 2005 5:20AM
Thimbles!.....Yet I can't sew a bloody stitch!

Ade
snowman 17 391 England
9 Apr 2005 5:21AM
Like Blackadder I also collect bills, Its the only hobby of mine that my wife supports and she actively ensures that my collection builds up quickly. :0
mikeyc71 17 1.2k
9 Apr 2005 5:22AM
I collect kilts, well only just got the one at the moment Smile
covey 16 1.7k Ireland
9 Apr 2005 5:23AM
Wine Corks

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.