50% Off Portrait Pro + An Extra 15% For EPZ Members With Code: EPZ421

What do you think of the system used on this forum

Will 19 1.8k United Kingdom
21 Sep 2001 10:04AM
We feel these forums aren't getting enough use, considering the amount of visitors we get to the site. If you have any ideas that you feel will improve the forums usability, please let us know.
Snoop 19 11
23 Sep 2001 11:20PM
These pages do seem pretty dead... even after reading the ad in AP it still seems dead. I am still new to the site so won't suggest any improvments until I have looked at everything! Could you add a forum for readers to add there web site links to please?
24 Sep 2001 9:38AM
Hi Snoop, thanks for your feedback! We've now added a forum for users to share and discuss their online photo galleries.
Big Bri 19 16.7k United Kingdom
2 Oct 2001 11:19PM
Will,
Maybe splitting up the digital and traditional forums into distinct groups would help ?
I work in digital imaging and do a lot of traditional photography, so I read all the forums, but I can imagine some people being put off if they are only interested in traditional photography and having to navigate all the digital stuff.
Just a thought.
Bramble 19 10
28 Feb 2002 10:04PM
Well, can anyone help me with my problem. I posted a question in the Digital Imaging Forum about printing 2 pics on one page. My question was 'why Peter chose 240 dpi as the print resolution'. Problem is, I cannot see my message or any replies but get email messages to say someone has replied to my question! Have emailed 3 times to Peter@ephotzine but no response yet! None of the Forums have any recent messages, just the same old stuff, what is the problem, why are the messages not showing up for me?
28 Feb 2002 11:30PM
Hi Mo,

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Peter has been very busy, as have I, with the recent Focus on Imaging show. I will try my best to have this problem sorted for you. What browser and operating system are you using?

Will
1 Mar 2002 12:03PM
I share Will Smith's belief. Not enough use. Here is a trade secret. I used to work in Fleet St and at one period Readers Letters (or Corris as we called it, Editor's correspondence) sometimes would go dead. I used to write "cod" letters under various names like Arthur Zellerman (A to Z, get it) or W.C. Chambers of Hull and pen stimulating things. Or make replies. This is by no means uncommon practice. It does help things along. You can "trail your coat" with controversy and hope somebody will trip over it. I used to ring up Captains of Industry and invite them to give me a reply to a reader's letter. Good for the paper to have big names in print. In short, I would stoke the fire. Is it honest or dishonest? Well, just because I was on the staff why shouldn't I too have a point of view? I look forward to a sudden spate of replies to the posts I have made in several forums! Bruce+++
Bramble 19 10
2 Mar 2002 10:30AM
Success at last! I went to my Internet Explorer options and changed the Settings to 'check for new version of stored pages' to 'every time I start IE' (it was set to 'never' and even though I was doing a screen refresh, couldn't see any new messages.

Many thanks to all who tried to help, expecially Peter Bargh and Will Smith.
mebbesen73 19 20
2 Mar 2002 10:45PM
I'm new here, but so far it seems like Will said pretty dead in here, how to change this I don't know. An idea that comes to mind, how about ones a week or so to post a topic for dicussion in one of the forums, and mayby that can put some activities into the forums.
As for the site it self I like it, great design. Also I think I have read every article in the freelance section, and I must say it have been very informativ. I hope in a few weeks to have a general idea of all the sections in the site.

So do keep up the great work

Martin

Martin's World

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.