Find Out What's Happening At The Photography Show 2021

What DSLR's to avoid for a first timer.

Foxfire 17 322 United Kingdom
16 Sep 2008 5:08PM
I have to agree with all of the above comments.

1. Nikon and cananon industry leaders
2. Check buy one now that is a little more advanced than you think you need now, becasue you grow into it very quickly. So I would go with a Nikon D80. It will help you grow for some time. The D90 has a few additional features but appears to get us all videoing. total waste of time, as far as I am concerned
3. Buy make that has a wide range of kit you can add on, as soon as wifey lets you.
4. Also when you are looking to upgrade the DSLR body, that you can take your lenses with you.
5. Yes, many forget the lenses, the most important part to get pin sharp pictures. Nikon and Canon are hard to beat.

My choice would be a Nikon D80 with a 18:200mm zoom. I am avoiding the D90, no advantage to dishing out the extra jsut for getting more video capability.

Whatever you decide, the final decision is yours and let us know what you finally opted for and why.
strawman 17 22.2k 16 United Kingdom
16 Sep 2008 5:39PM
I think the D90 may also bring a decent jump in high ISO performance over the D80. (it looks to be similar to the sensor in the D300) As you like wildlife this may be a good advantage for you.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.