Save 60% On inPixio Eclipse HDR Pro

What food will you not eat?

wsh Plus
3 55 United Kingdom
14 Feb 2021 10:42PM
I will not eat anything fishy, Allergy, and even the smell of fish makes me feel ill. Just as well I don't live by the sea.
14 Feb 2021 11:44PM
Veal, Foie gras, because of the particularly cruel way those foods are produced... being a meat eater I have enough guilt as it is.

Aubergine and raw apple now make me ill, though they never used to. Tahini makes me want to retch, though I enjoy hummus.

Love cheese, curry, garlic. And as an occasional treat, unicorn burgers, or wafer thin slices of pale swan braised in nightingale's tears.
dark_lord Plus
16 2.7k 749 England
15 Feb 2021 12:14PM

Quote:raw apple now make me ill

For many years I ate bananas then suddenly the made me feel nauseous so haven't tried one since.
Rhubarb and gooseberries, I had them when I was a child and hated them. I could write a whole spoil on that, maybe sometime...
Desiccated coconut.
Battenburg cake made the cheap way with benzaldehyde (you may need to google that Wink) infused rubber rather than proper marzipan made from real almomds.
Cheap and nasty meat products.
And let's not forget junk food. Well, actually, let's...
Carabosse 17 41.5k 270 England
15 Feb 2021 4:25PM
Raw apple and pears.make.me a bit nauseous. Cooked is ok though.

Don't eat meat or fish anyway.
SteveAitch 3 50 United Kingdom
15 Feb 2021 7:07PM

Quote:
Quote:raw apple now make me ill

For many years I ate bananas then suddenly the made me feel nauseous so haven't tried one since.

In my case, over the last few years I have developed an odd 'condition'. Whereas I can still happily eat bananas and apples (and do), in both cases about 15 minutes after doing so, I start burping like mad. Doesn't happen with other fruit, just those two.
16 Feb 2021 10:29AM
Nothing - I eat pretty much everything that is generally considered food.
peterjones 19 5.1k 1 United Kingdom
18 Feb 2021 5:58AM
Sweet fizzy drinks never, I avoid food with added sugar or salt, junk food, fast food and try to avoid processed food as far as possible. I love pizzas but now never eat them as they have far too much salt.
Oldstoat 6 78 United Kingdom
22 Feb 2021 4:41PM
Offal.
Bridgelayer 13 744 United Kingdom
24 Feb 2021 10:38PM
Many years ago my mother asked me what we were having for dinner. I told her it was a curry. She said, "I'm not eating that foreign muck!" so I asked what she was going to be eating. Her answer, "Spag Bol!"

I had to leave rapidly or I'd have got a clip round the ear.
mrswoolybill Plus
14 2.6k 2372 United Kingdom
25 Feb 2021 7:56AM

Quote:Many years ago my mother asked me what we were having for dinner. I told her it was a curry. She said, "I'm not eating that foreign muck!" so I asked what she was going to be eating. Her answer, "Spag Bol!"

I had to leave rapidly or I'd have got a clip round the ear.

Reminds me of a conversation I heard on the bus years ago, as we were going through Newcastle. Lady behind us says 'Why all these foreign restaurants? Why can't people be satisfied with traditional English food like MacDonald's?'

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.