Today only! Up to 52% off Sony Cameras at Amazon UK!

What I want


capto Plus
8 6.4k 20 United Kingdom
28 Oct 2014 1:59PM
I want a pocket sized camera that can match the quality and versatility that my heavy bag of dslr's and lenses from 10mm to 300mm and macro can do. I live in hope but suspect that the laws of physics may get in the way. I shall be first in the queue when that day comes.
thewilliam 12 6.1k
28 Oct 2014 2:01PM
A camera that would do all this, and a lot more, was announced at the beginning of April. Unfortunately, it hasn't come to the streets yet.
GarethRobinson 14 1.0k 2 United Kingdom
28 Oct 2014 2:28PM
is that not the iphone Tongue
thewilliam 12 6.1k
28 Oct 2014 4:32PM
For some strange reason, our government always seems to choose April 1st to introduce its initiatives. It's also a good day to announce revolutionary products.
Paul Morgan 19 19.5k 6 England
28 Oct 2014 5:04PM

Quote:I want a pocket sized camera that can match the quality and versatility that my heavy bag of dslr's and lenses from 10mm to 300mm and macro can do. I live in hope but suspect that the laws of physics may get in the way. I shall be first in the queue when that day comes.


The Stylus 1 will do most of that with its 28-300mm lens and its small enough for a coat pocket.
TyChee Plus
15 275 1 United States
28 Oct 2014 10:16PM
I bought the Stylus 1 for the very same reason and have been very happy. I goes with me in my backpack everyday. Will be in my jacket pocket as the weather gets cooler.

Ty
Ted447 Plus
7 216 1 United Kingdom
29 Oct 2014 9:08AM
I have recently bought the Panasonic Lumix TZ60, brilliant camera. Ted. GrinGrin
dcash29 14 2.4k England
29 Oct 2014 9:18PM
Forget the 10-300mm as you haven't a cat in hell's chance.

The Sony nex6 came the closest for me to a dslr although very limited on lenses.

I'd go for the Panasonic G6 with the 14-140mm lens
Paul Morgan 19 19.5k 6 England
29 Oct 2014 11:34PM

Quote:I bought the Stylus 1 for the very same reason and have been very happy. I goes with me in my backpack everyday. Will be in my jacket pocket as the weather gets cooler.

Ty



Its actually a surprisingly good little camera considering its size and small sensor.

http://robinwong.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/olympus-stylus-1-review.html
7 Nov 2014 12:12PM
Recently Iím going to buy a digital camera, maybe Canon or Nikon. However, I still do not know much about digital cameras.
collywobles 16 4.0k 10 United Kingdom
7 Nov 2014 3:01PM
Kayla
Tell us more about your photographic knowledge, are you a beginner, as this will guide us into what advice you might get, what are your photographic interests, etc. How much have you got to spend, do you have any photographic ambitions..........
collywobles 16 4.0k 10 United Kingdom
8 Nov 2014 10:15AM
Kayla

In the absence of more information about your photography I recommend a Canon EOS-1D X Digital SLR Camera this will be suitable for all your needs.

Colin
SlowSong Plus
12 9.2k 30 England
8 Nov 2014 11:14AM

Quote:Kayla

In the absence of more information about your photography I recommend a Canon EOS-1D X Digital SLR Camera this will be suitable for all your needs.

Colin

Chokes on cornflakes.....GrinGrinGrin
bainsybike 10 337 United Kingdom
8 Nov 2014 1:54PM

Quote:In the absence of more information about your photography I recommend a Canon EOS-1D X Digital SLR Camera this will be suitable for all your needs.


...but don't forget to buy at least one lens and at least one memory card as well, otherwise it won't work. Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.