Save up to 360 on selected ZEISS lenses!

What is the cable that connects the phone line to the computer,called ?

MikeRC 14 3.6k United Kingdom
11 Jan 2016 1:57PM
Thanks everybody...I'm sorted now with the RJ11
cheers Lemmy...I don't have a tablet or a mobile phone and it 'aint broke, so why fix it Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Chris_L 5 5.3k United Kingdom
11 Jan 2016 5:07PM

Quote:So you need both. An RJ11 for the phone line and an ether net for the broadband. Both via a micro filter. So long since I had to use micro filters and so I may be talking stupid

You are lol Tongue he just needs an RJ11 to RJ11 - think about how the router connects to the phone line, it's not the same as a phone or Ethernet plug - deliberately to prevent miswiring. They are used on the base of phones but not on socket end.

It's the little square type that goes in to marked socket here


He can leave his phone plugged in to the left hand socket or extend that with regular phone extension cables.
Migster 6 107 England
11 Jan 2016 5:58PM
Sorry Lemmy.

I thought we were trying to help Mike out with his problem.......

Perhaps I should have offered some constructive advice, just like you..........

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.