What is the coolest album cover you have ever seen?

NexusImages 14 1.8k 4 United Kingdom
25 Nov 2008 9:30PM
Tommy Ferms, not correct me if i'm wrong but isn't that the lead singer from Kings of Leon in the peach satin onezee?

Devastatin Dave.....the turntable slave.......rahahahahahahahahah.....
Zip....zap...rap.....

oh lordy lord.
spaceman 17 5.3k 3 Wales
25 Nov 2008 9:30PM
And how have I managed to live my life without the majesty of Manowar?
NexusImages 14 1.8k 4 United Kingdom
25 Nov 2008 9:31PM

Quote:"Devastatin' Dave - The Turntable Slave"

PMSL!!

(Wally Whyton!!!!!!!! Dear God!!!)

clearly we agree then!!!
Kris_Dutson 19 8.2k 1 England
25 Nov 2008 9:32PM
Hmmmm.

My coolest is Alice Cooper's 'Schools Out' complete with paper panties. Wink
bfgstew 15 668 105 England
25 Nov 2008 9:49PM
You're weird Kris!!!!!!!

Pink Floyds Animls for me, such an iconic landmark too.
mdpontin 17 6.0k Scotland
25 Nov 2008 10:48PM
Speaking of iconic: Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon.
25 Nov 2008 11:30PM
iconic indeed, have you seen the photo of the pinkfloyd album covers painted on the bare backs of naked women all sitting in a row? very cool poster. another iconic album cover would have to be the beatles - abbey road. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Beatles_-_Abbey_Road.jpg

then there are the really confronting images like Metallica's "load" album cover - blood and semen mixed together - fascinating image until you find out what it is!

and although not photography as such - more graphics - but Tool album covers have got to be up their for originality - the artwork is so intricate and you can fold up part of the cd cover and look through 3D glasses to get the full effect... very cool.....
bfgstew 15 668 105 England
25 Nov 2008 11:42PM
Wish you were here is another!

Judas Priest - Sad wings of Destiny, that was pretty cool when i was younger, saw a guy with it sewn on his leather jacket, and he did it!!!!!!
Brom 17 804 United Kingdom
26 Nov 2008 12:23AM
war of the worlds
Geoffphoto 15 13.5k United Kingdom
26 Nov 2008 7:50AM
Original vinyl copy of Led Zep 3 with the rotating bit in the middle !!

But having the original St Pepper with all the bits is cool, and I also have an original Live At Leeds by The Who with all the inserts and poster ( autographed by Mr Townshend himself ! no less )

Smile
Pete 20 18.8k 97 England
26 Nov 2008 8:10AM
I had a few great gimmic albums that impressed me. My Alice Cooper's Schools Out turned into a desk, Monty Python instant record collection turned into a cube that you could slot into your record shelf for an instant record collection. ELP's Brain Salad Surgery had a great Giger face that opened up. The Rolling Stones album with a real zip (my brother had that) David Bowie Diamond Dogs (original press had a willy) Rick Wakeman Journey to Centre of Earth had a book in the middle. Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon came with stickers. There was also the triple album by Yes (cant remember title but artwork by Roger Dean was excellent and it was the first (only) album I had that opened up like it did)
These were all special moments in my vinyl buying days Smile
Big Bri 20 16.7k United Kingdom
26 Nov 2008 8:19AM
The most outrageous album cover ever has to be the original cover for The Scorpions album Virgin Killer.
Geoffphoto 15 13.5k United Kingdom
26 Nov 2008 8:24AM

Quote:There was also the triple album by Yes (cant remember title but artwork by Roger Dean was excellent and it was the first (only) album I had that opened up like it did)

That'll be Yessongs then !
Metalhead 14 1.9k 2 England
26 Nov 2008 9:26AM

Quote:And how have I managed to live my life without the majesty of Manowar?

Nowt wrong with the cheesey Metal of Manowar, though even as a Metal fan I can't defend an album cover like that one...

Kind of a shame to me that it's in that list when you compare it to all the other ones. At least I know Manowar exist but I can't say I'm too familiar with any of the other "artists"...

So, coolest album covers, sticking with my Metal theme, most of the artwork on the Iron Maiden albums is pretty cool, and they've at least kept the same Eddie theme running for their whole career.
Big Bri 20 16.7k United Kingdom
8 Dec 2008 2:20PM
Re: my message 3 posts up.

Looks like I'm not the only one who thought it outrageous:

link

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.