Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

What is you fave range of camera bag?

must be lowepro for me
JJGEE 16 8.0k 18 England
3 Feb 2018 8:45AM
Currently it is the Loka from F Stop.
So comfortable to wear with loads of equipment & attached tripod.

But I also have a MP7 from Mindshift Gear which is more suitable for around town street & event types of photography.

saltireblue Plus
11 12.2k 76 Norway
3 Feb 2018 9:14AM
For everyday use, Peak Design Sling Back. Has room for my Fuji X-T2 with 18-55 attached and 3 more lenses, including the largish 50-140. Extra outside pocket and straps for tripod and inside storage space for small items like extra cards, cloths, etc

If I need to take more gear then a Lowepro rucksack does the trick.
LenShepherd 13 4.4k United Kingdom
3 Feb 2018 9:35AM
I try to buy the right thing first, and then make them last, making it about 10 years since I bought one Grin
I have an over 10 year old Think Tank for back-packing, and a larger one for when seriously back-packing.
Perhaps a question that might have been asked is why use X,Y, or Z?
The back-packs are used on hikes to high vantage point destinations (along with a tripod). For this type of use the waist support makes walking long distances easier and laid on its back, front open this type of bag I find provides easy access to everything.
My main shoulder bag is a CCS (no longer made) about the size of a billing 555 but better and when I got it it was cheaper.
I have 2 small shoulder bags, a Billingham and a CCS (both bought in camera shop sales) for lighter weight loads.
I have a Lower messenger that came "free" with a magazine subscription for equipment storage at home. Right now it contains 2 bodies and 7 lenses but is awful as a shoulder bag if filled.
BobbieBoy 15 47 United Kingdom
3 Feb 2018 10:40AM
Manfrotto every time
cuffit Plus
14 354 8 England
3 Feb 2018 10:49AM
My answer is similar to LensShepherd. All my camera bags (three) are my faves and were all bought with a purpose in mind. But things change and I don't think there is any one bag that will be so designed that it will cover every event a keen photographer might encounter over a few years. I have a Tamrac bag, medium size, for a SLR plus a couple of lenses; still a stalwart and in good nick since I bought it in 1991! I bought a good LowePro bag for walking in the hills in 2006 but couldn't use it for motorsports as the divides wouldn't take a telephoto lens. To go abroad by air, I bought a Think Tank bag in 2012 which will take more than the Tamrac and still meet (for the moment) the vagaries of airline bag measurements. What do I use the most though - a medium sized North Face rucksack!! I can get my lightweight waterproofs, 2 cameras and lenses, a small flask of tea and a sandwich in with ease - I use bubble-wrap to stop things banging about; all a bit messy but it works for me. Bar the LowePro, I use all the bags regularly.

JJGEE 16 8.0k 18 England
3 Feb 2018 12:24PM

Quote:Perhaps a question that might have been asked is why use X,Y, or Z?

Carrying comfort must surely be the number 1 consideration, even for a " messenger " type bag but after that.

I tend to use a tripod quite a lot so a backpack that I can attach a tripod to is important, hence my current Loka ( see comment above ) plus I also like room to potentially carry a waterproof jacket / lightweight jacket ( summer ) / snacks etc.

Currently, equipment wise, I carry one body & three lenses but it is the LEE filter hood / lens adaptor rings / filters that seem to take up most of the room !

AlexandraSD 10 773 United Kingdom
3 Feb 2018 2:57PM
I still use my Practical Photography Lowepro backpack, which ever model it is! Bought in 2005 for about £70 i believe! Also have a Billingham Hadley pro.

That lowepro though, that can hold almost all my gear. I often use it as my speedlighting bag, which holds 4 YN560III's, triggers etc, batteries (50+), snoot, brackets and gels, but right now its got the fuji x-e2 with 35mm f2 lens, canon m5 with 14-45 lens, leica v-lux3 bridge (for vlogging) camera, fuji 16-55, samyang 8mm f2.8 II, canon 90-300 with adaptor, 2 yn560III speedlights, triggers, QR plates, a few filters and the usual batteries and memory cards.

The Billingham will easily hold the x-e2 and canon m5 with lenses attached (35 f2 fuji and 14-45 canon), 90-300 canon, 16-55 fuji and 8mm. It is a fair bit of weight, but if i do walkabouts then i will lighten the load appropriate to what ill be filming.

Prior to these bags i had a generic grey bag bought from a camera shop in town that has long since vanished, i had that from the 1980s until i bought the lowepro, So its not like i have spent much at all on protecting my gear, but ill soon be in the market for a bigger bag as im very likely to buy a sigma 150-600mm very soon to go with the m5, and it will probably be another lowepro or maybe even tamrack, but i am open to others brands, its just sorting through all the other bags to find one thats almost perfect!
altitude50 17 21.8k United Kingdom
3 Feb 2018 3:34PM
My favourite is a Tamron (Evolution?) rucksack style. I like the quality of the materials, the amount of protection and especially the classy zips and see through pockets, it is very comfortable to wear. I was using it for a Nikon D5200 but I sold the camera and associated lenses, I had to be careful what I took out as with camera, kit lens attached plus a Tokina wide angle and a 70-300mm it was quite full. (And heavy) There is a compartment at the top which tapers, but was quite useful.
Now I have changed to a Sony a6000 with a three extra lenses there is plenty of room.
I also have an infrared converted Panasonic GX 7 which has it's own Lowepro messenger bag but I haven't used it much yet because of the weather, but I anticipate that if I go out with the two cameras then the Panasonic will fit in the top. (Only need one lens for that.)
meyeview 12 1.4k 1 United Kingdom
3 Feb 2018 6:40PM
i have Domke. it is excellent for my mirrorless system
peterjones 19 5.2k 1 United Kingdom
4 Feb 2018 10:50AM
The most robust appears to me to be “Think Tank” though I have a very elderly “Tamrac” rucksack bought from the long defunct Euo Photo Centre s/h for a paltry but bargain £10 which has been dragged all over the world with me, it looks innocuous and even comes up smiling from a machine wash, in my experience Lowe Pro bags used to be hardy now they just fall apart, I have wrecked three and have given up on the make.
redsnappa 19 2.8k United Kingdom
4 Feb 2018 11:33AM
Tesco's bag for life.
JJGEE 16 8.0k 18 England
4 Feb 2018 11:35AM

Quote:Euo Photo Centre

In West Drayton ?

If so I spent many hours and money in there, exactly the type of shop for looking, handling & comparing products which is sadly missing these days Sad

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.