Save An Extra 15% On All Regatta Clearance Jackets & Coats use code: JACKET15

What kind of fish do you eat?

5 Feb 2021 11:49AM
I think that Octopus and Squid are not fish - they are invertebrates and belong to the cephalod family of animals. I like neither but I do love fish - smoked Haddock is my favourite - and shell fish. And IF the EU continue to ban imports of our fish (which I very much doubt, the restaurants in the EU will be rebelling) then hopefully there will be a lot more available for the Britsh shopper. Crabs and Lobsters may well become cheaper!! Hooray!
5 Feb 2021 1:38PM
My favourite is lotte (monk fish), but we eat lots of different types : haddock, hake, fresh sardines, mackerel, fresh tuna, swordfish, sole, halibut, skate, turbot... to name just some of the salt water versions. Then there are trout and salmon and we eat quite a lot of other seafood too : mussels, prawns, whelks, squid, oysters, crab, lobster, scallops ++. As you can sea we are seafood lovers.

A favourite recipe : squid stuffed with black pudding/chilli/lemon zest all finished in a tomato sauce.
blue9iron 6 55
5 Feb 2021 4:20PM
Try Rick Steins fish gratin, I make it with cod, salmon and large prawns then take a photo of it so then you are getting your photography fix as well.
Bridgelayer 13 747 United Kingdom
5 Feb 2021 5:45PM
Sea Trout (similar to Salmon but cheaper), Salmon, Sea Bream, and my favourite at the moment is Tilapia.

Cover the fillet with mozzarella, halved plum tomatoes, in foil, with a splash of milk. Slap it in the oven for 15 - 20 mins and serve with veg.
You can do the Sea Bream the same method.
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
5 Feb 2021 6:18PM

Quote:Sea Trout (similar to Salmon but cheaper),

Also has the advantage of tasting better than salmon. Contains less fat which affects the taste in a positive way.
peterjones 19 5.1k 1 United Kingdom
6 Feb 2021 11:56AM
Haddock.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.