Turn Your Old Camera Into Cash With An Instant Quote From MPB

what lense for my finepix s7000

Maddie 15 2.7k 2 United Kingdom
17 May 2005 7:51AM
i have a finepix s7000 and was wondering what lense i should buy as my first lense and what price i am looking at?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad 17 22.0k 39 United Kingdom
17 May 2005 7:57AM
It is probably a stupid question Maddie, but are you aware that the 7000 is a fixed lens camera? Any lenses you can buy are add-ons, not interchangeables.

Ian
17 May 2005 7:59AM
btw if you are aware then you need to tell us what type of photography interests you if you would like advice on lenses. :0)

Ian
KatieR 16 6.2k 6
17 May 2005 8:00AM
That's what I was going to say. You can only add things to it.
What is the range of the fixed lens?
If it is a reasonable zoom, you might want to add an accessory to help you get closer to things, or a wide angle, perhaps. If the zoom isn't particularly strong, perhaps add something to make it longer - that could be useful if you are interested in wildlife, for instance.
What do you like taking pictures of?

Katie
17 May 2005 8:36AM
ok, so im looking for an add on, i have been taking photos of the kids so the camera is fine as it is for that. im thinking of trying landscapes, scenery etc my latest photo on my gallery was of a mouse in the garden with the macro mode so i presume thats ok! or mabe not, ive just read katies comment! sorry if i seem a bit dim, lol
strawman 16 22.1k 16 United Kingdom
17 May 2005 8:41AM
I would thing about a wide angle converter for landscapes. You can get a bolt on one for your camera to get a 35mm camera equivalent focal length of 28mm, but at 100 you may want to think twice. Also a circular polariser may be of use for those summer skys.

If I were you I would stop at the polarising filter unless I saw the wide converter second hand, it is a bit expensive
17 May 2005 8:46AM
To be honest Maddie, if you want to do landscapes you could well be better advised to buy some filters instead of additional lenses. The lens on that camera is 35mm at the wide end (about 52 in 35mm equiv I think), which is good enough as a starter. An additional lens may give you a wider landscape but you will be struggling with burned out skies if you have no graduated filters.

Ian
robadsy 15 348
17 May 2005 8:57AM
the other option for you maddy is to look on ebay.

the lenses might not be the best in the world, but might give you an idea (for reasonably cheap) as to how each one works. you can get filters too (ND, UV, colors and polarizers)

it depends on what you want to achieve i suppose.

if you do choose to do this, i think you need an adapter ring (55mm i think), because i dont think you get one in the kit (unbelievable, i got one with the cheaper s5500)

OK glass purists, im ready for the onslaught!

ads :o)
u08mcb 16 5.8k
17 May 2005 9:14AM

Quote:The lens on that camera is 35mm at the wide end (about 52 in 35mm equiv I think), which is good enough as a starter.

Its 35mm in film terms, not 52.
akh Plus
16 1.2k 5 United Kingdom
17 May 2005 9:18AM
There are other makes of lenses eg Raynox which you could buy to attach to your S7000, but what ever you do you will need an adaptor tube even to fit filters or close-up lenses.
Tony
peterkin 16 666 England
17 May 2005 9:34AM
I bought an adapter for my Olympus which enables me to attach wide-angle, tele-conversion and macro lenses. Also you can use filters with it. I think when you buy these lenses for the s7000 the adapter is supplied. Here's a link to S7000 accessories. Scroll down to the adapter etc. I'm not suggesting you buy from this company but it gives you an idea of what's available and prices. Hope this helps.

Accessories for S7000
17 May 2005 9:43AM
ive just burnt the dinner whilst sat on here, im in trouble now, oh well, how does this sound As new finepix wide conversion lens suitable for s7000 complete with adapter lens cap and pouch also 2 lens filters yellow and grey, all unused in mint cond, what do you reckon its worth? thanks everyone for your help so far. x
ruralscotland 15 1.3k
17 May 2005 11:07AM
Wouldn't pay anymore than oooooooohhh 69
26 May 2005 3:15PM
thank you

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.