Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Get the new ON1 Photo 10 and Save $100 Today. Use Code: GetPhoto10 View Offer

What new Panasonic did you get?

martyn05 8 363 England
25 Dec 2009 6:42PM
Hi everyone,
You should have all opened your presents by now, so what new Panasonic cameras did you all get??

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 11 17.9k 8 Norway
25 Dec 2009 6:51PM
Bit bored are we Martyn..???
uggyy 10 2.1k 9 Scotland
25 Dec 2009 6:52PM
nah he got rattled in another post and proving a point lol... Wink check the Canon one out...
User_Removed 11 17.9k 8 Norway
25 Dec 2009 6:59PM

Thanks Tom ( Wink)
fredchan 9 124
16 Jan 2010 9:39AM
Not sure if you actually want this answer but I got a Panasonic Lumix G1 with the twin lens kit and also a Lumix TZ7 - really pleased with both - my other cameras are Canon 1D MkIIn and a 40D
28 Jun 2010 7:17PM
I dont get that lucky, but I treated myself to an older model, the G1, I dont want video or touch screens so stayed away from the G2.
I also grabbed a 45-200 while I was at it and have sold my telescopes so may go for the 45mm macro to finish the kit off
29 Jun 2010 7:50PM
I'm very much a rookie photographer. My lovely hubby bought me a Lumix FZ38, (he thinks I'm better than I am,,,) am beginning to get to grips with it,,,but to be honest it frightens the life out of me!
Toonman 8 1.4k 2 England
30 Jun 2010 6:59AM
It's a great camera for begginers Gabbyannie. Don't worry you will get to grips with it. If you have any problems ask on here and I'm sure you will get help.

Fahim 4 211 United Kingdom
7 Apr 2011 1:06AM
I got GH2. Loving it so far. Need to test some low light shooting though.
RFCat 11 19 Australia
12 Apr 2011 11:11AM
I bought my wife G10 with the 14-42 and 45-200 lenses. She took it to Europe, but only had the 14-42 lens. This replaced her FZ8.

Very impressed with the results both stills and movie.

I have not been able to find many posts about the G10.
MeanGreeny 10 3.7k England
12 Apr 2011 11:22PM
Another old thread resuscitated by a 'new member'
Pete Plus
14 18.8k 96 England
12 Apr 2011 11:37PM

Quote:Another old thread resuscitated by a 'new member'

Yup that's the idea, no reason why older threads needs to fade away for good.
19 Apr 2011 2:06PM
This is my very first contribution to ePHOTOzine and thought it would be a gentle, easy way in! I am so glad I found ePHOTOzine, (actually via Mike's site at http://www.photographycourses.biz/) - what a mine of information and what incredibly tallented people you all are.

I bought a DMC-GH2 in December 2010 and as it's my first 'propper' DSLR. I have owned a few film SRL's before, but thought I ould venture into the digital age. I am still slightly daunted by the camera and every now and again find new things that it does. I think I must have read the manual (which is not great) a hundred times: I know, not usually a blokey thing. I brought a few of my pictures in to work recently to show someone here, (who is a far more experienced photographer than I), as there is something that has been concerning me a little with the pictures that the camera produces. My images appear not be the sharpest. Even when used on a tripod and focussed on a simple, well lit target, on a low ISO setting, the images that I get appear to be less than perfectly sharp when I view them through Aperture. I have not tried printing any. My colleague has looked at them and said that they look fine and I should stop worrying and stop zooming in too far, but I just can't help thinking that they could be sharper.

Has anyone else experienced this or is it just me!

11 Jan 2012 6:35PM
An fz45 gave my fz7 to my granddaughter ,this one has twice the pixels and twice the zoom plus it shoots in raw you get a lot for the money and its a great back up to the dslr even though its a bit fiddly if you have largish hands.High ISO is noisy but not a problem as its a bit better than the Fz7.All in all very pleased and cause its an older model got a good price, less than the price of, more or less, all the lenses for the canon.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.