Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

What on earth is going on?

25 Sep 2016 2:11PM
prompted by another thread Wink

I've been hooked on the American elections for sometime but I really have to ask - are American's really serious about supporting DJT?

When he said "if he says nice things about me, I'll say nice things about him".. really is this the best you got over the pond?

And I thought 'drinking Kool-Aid' meant you were thirsty :-0

I've read so much about all of this over the past few weeks my head hurts but I find it utterly bizarre that this man is actually even allowed to run, let alone have a chance of becoming the next POTUS.

Someone help me out here...

Grin

saltireblue Plus
10 11.6k 72 Norway
25 Sep 2016 2:28PM
I see a similarity between DJT's popularity, and the idea many in the UK thought was the main attraction of Brexit.

DJT talks about things that appeal to many - build that wall, boot out all foreigners in the country illegally, restrict new foreigners form entering the country - especially those with any slight hint of a connection to Muslims and Islam.

In the UK, many people were disappointed to learn that all Poles, Albanians, Romanians et al were not going to be 'sent home' the day after the referendum result was announced. Foreigners were still going to be allowed to come to the country just as they did the day before the referendum, and Britain was not going back to £sd and pints and other imperial measures.

I think that in the eventuality pf DJT being elected, the day after will not be as many had expected and hoped, and therefore voted for the man. He will simply not be allowed to do the things he has spouted on about. He is not a one-man government, thank goodness.

Mind you, I still can't figure out how he became The Chosen One of the Republican party...
rambler Plus
12 1.0k 17 England
25 Sep 2016 2:54PM
Just like most US presidents before him, if Trump wins, he will find the "system" very difficult to handle.
FabioKeiner 8 111 1 Austria
25 Sep 2016 4:01PM
trump may be a monster, but at least he's not such a hypocrite like hillary-the-killary or unlle-tom obama - who, btw, now vetoes the right to sue the saudi government for possible implications with 09/11...
both candidates are a shame for any democratic state to be president of any republic.
it's the system itself - rotten to the core. not only in USA, but also (even worse in all EU countries - austria leading here, tooSmile - and UK, of course!
the best thing you could do is, to get acquainted with mr. sTrumPf ('strumpf' -socket, the name of his german forefather, immigrant by himself, of course) - 'cause leaving EU (where great britain could (and had) have played a leading role) now you're doomed to apply as 51st state of USA - or worse, as their colony )
saltireblue Plus
10 11.6k 72 Norway
25 Sep 2016 4:14PM

Quote:'cause leaving EU.../... now you're doomed to apply as 51st state of USA - or worse, as their colony )

Utter tosh and rubbish.
4k78l 4 278 1 New Caledonia
25 Sep 2016 4:26PM
It's all just a game, and it's the same every election. Nothing new. It's all manipulation so don't read into it too much.

I actually believe Donald Trump is the best candidate of the ones running for presidency, but there certainly must be a better suited candidate living in the US today, but he/she ain't speaking up, so I have to choose among who is.

It's not like you can do whatever you like when you are president, so there are certain rules and people to relate to, so I would have no problem seeing Trump as President.
Hillary on the other hand will never have my vote. She's a feminist, and we need less of them really because feminism is cancer.
saltireblue Plus
10 11.6k 72 Norway
25 Sep 2016 4:52PM

Quote:She's a feminist, and we need less of them really because feminism is cancer.

Feminism a cancer?
Cancer kills if not treated. How many people have been directly killed by feminism?
Not a good analogy.
Fma7 5 1.1k United Kingdom
25 Sep 2016 4:52PM

Quote:In the UK, many people were disappointed to learn that all Poles, Albanians, Romanians et al were not going to be 'sent home' the day after the referendum result was announced. Foreigners were still going to be allowed to come to the country just as they did the day before the referendum, and Britain was not going back to £sd and pints and other imperial measures.

Not patronising at all that.
25 Sep 2016 5:04PM

Quote:She's a feminist, and we need less of them really because feminism is cancer.
So you dont believe in equal rights?

saltireblue Plus
10 11.6k 72 Norway
25 Sep 2016 5:12PM

Quote:In the UK, many people were disappointed to learn that all Poles, Albanians, Romanians et al were not going to be 'sent home' the day after the referendum result was announced. Foreigners were still going to be allowed to come to the country just as they did the day before the referendum, and Britain was not going back to £sd and pints and other imperial measures.

Quote:Not patronising at all that.

True, it's not patronizing. Just fact.
25 Sep 2016 5:56PM

Quote:
So you dont believe in equal rights?

If you knew the truth of feminism, you would know the first flaw of feminism - The double standard. Go to youtube and get enlightened. I'm not having any further discussion when I know it will lead nowhere.
Fma7 5 1.1k United Kingdom
25 Sep 2016 6:07PM

Quote:True, it's not patronizing. Just fact.

I didn't see that report, what were the numbers? Where is the source?
25 Sep 2016 6:07PM

Quote:

Feminism a cancer?
Cancer kills if not treated. How many people have been directly killed by feminism?
Not a good analogy.

Cancer is not a choice and can do a lot of harm thus I feel sorry for the people who get affected by this. Feminism is a choice, and they try to bring society down which will do a lot of harm, thus I do NOT feel sorry for any of them because they do have a choice. They simply don't know how reality works, and try to make people listen to them - how is that ever going to work? All of their lies have been debunked over and over so it's just all a sad joke now really.
lobsterboy Plus
17 14.9k 13 United Kingdom
25 Sep 2016 6:12PM

Quote: Go to youtube and get enlightened.

In my experience no rational positions start with that sentence Smile
Last time I heard it was from an advocate of Chemtrails.
25 Sep 2016 6:23PM

Quote:and they try to bring society down which will do a lot of harm
Really, how do they do that then?

My own personal point of view of feminism, and I've quoted from Wiki. is
Quote:Feminism is a range of political movements, ideologies, and social movements that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve political, economic, personal, and social rights for women that are equal to those of men.[1][2] This includes seeking to establish equal opportunities for women in education and employment.

Feminist movements have campaigned and continue to campaign for women's rights, including the right to vote, to hold public office, to work, to earn fair wages or equal pay, to own property, to receive education, to enter contracts, to have equal rights within marriage, and to have maternity leave. Feminists have also worked to promote bodily autonomy and integrity, and to protect women and girls from rape, sexual harassment, and domestic violence.[3]

You see that as wrong?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.