Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

What photo editing software do you use?

SlowSong Plus
12 9.5k 30 England
19 Aug 2019 9:06AM
I use NIK also, but didn't realise there was an "Other" box so didn't enter it. There, that should bump up the percentage. Smile
JJGEE 16 7.9k 18 England
19 Aug 2019 9:18AM
The software I use accounted for 1.2% which translates to 1.02

I wonder who the 0.2 is Wink
Railcam 14 889 2 Scotland
19 Aug 2019 6:01PM

Quote:The software I use accounted for 1.2% which translates to 1.02 /quote]

Translates to 0.012 surely (1.2/100)

peterjones 19 5.1k 1 United Kingdom
20 Aug 2019 9:53AM
Photoshop CC, Topaz suite, Elements, Affinity.
LenShepherd 13 4.3k United Kingdom
20 Aug 2019 3:17PM
Maybe a future poll should ask for the main post processing programs used.

I expect more than 66% of us use more than 1 program.
21 Aug 2019 7:01PM

Quote:Maybe a future poll should ask for the main post processing programs used.

I expect more than 66% of us use more than 1 program.

That certainly is a good idea. And, I think it is true much more that 66%. Speaking for my self, as I have mentioned in my response to this thread above, I employ at least two programs for each edit. This is because I have found no single program that does everything well. You may think yours does well. And, that may be true in that the portions of the program you use satisfy you. But, if you explore completely through a program and become familiar with all of it you soon learn it is all not good. Therefore, using two or more programs is not a poor comment. Rather it is a good comment. You found something that made up for the deficiency of your main program.
LenShepherd 13 4.3k United Kingdom
21 Aug 2019 7:28PM
There is no link yet though there is an interesting comparison of different software in Amateur Photographer dated 24th of August.

They gave a five star rating to Snapspeed for Smartphone users and and to Serif Affinity Photo as a serious alternative to PhotoShop with a perpetual licence at 48.99. I have not used either.

saltireblue Plus
10 11.6k 73 Norway
21 Aug 2019 8:16PM

Quote:I employ at least two programs for each edit. This is because I have found no single program that does everything well. You may think yours does well. And, that may be true in that the portions of the program you use satisfy you. But, if you explore completely through a program and become familiar with all of it you soon learn it is all not good. Therefore, using two or more programs is not a poor comment. Rather it is a good comment. You found something that made up for the deficiency of your main program.

I've given up using multiple softwares. Trying to remember where a particular action of effect or tool was drove me up the wall, and I was getting so frustrated trying to find something I'd used before - there are sooo many presets and actions and tools that I gave up and just concentrated on one software - PS CC - and I'm happy with what I can do with it, together with Nik package, it's enough for me.
JJGEE 16 7.9k 18 England
22 Aug 2019 7:20PM

Quote:This is because I have found no single program that does everything well.

Especially for more advanced processing like complex retouching, stitching images to create a panorama or focus stacking.
Phase One's Capture One Pro cannot currently do any of those with Photoshop and Helicon Focus being recommended for completing the tasks.
22 Aug 2019 10:58PM

Quote:
Quote:I employ at least two programs for each edit. This is because I have found no single program that does everything well. You may think yours does well. And, that may be true in that the portions of the program you use satisfy you. But, if you explore completely through a program and become familiar with all of it you soon learn it is all not good. Therefore, using two or more programs is not a poor comment. Rather it is a good comment. You found something that made up for the deficiency of your main program.

I've given up using multiple softwares. Trying to remember where a particular action of effect or tool was drove me up the wall, and I was getting so frustrated trying to find something I'd used before - there are sooo many presets and actions and tools that I gave up and just concentrated on one software - PS CC - and I'm happy with what I can do with it, together with Nik package, it's enough for me.

So actually you do use two programs to edit - PS and Nik - being that Nik is not necessarily strictly a program, but it is separate from PS and is not found within the 'original' package of PS. For you it still takes 'two to tango', so that what is deficient in PS for you is solved.
6 Jan 2021 10:42PM
Raw Therepee , it's free only use basic stuff not got into creative side of processing yet, will probably use gimp for that.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.