Save up to 360 on selected ZEISS lenses!

What's been your favourite camera?

My favourite ever camera was a black Rolleiflex SL35. Both camera and leather case just oozed quality and the Planar lens was the best I've ever used by a long way. There was a feel good factor in just walking about with it. Three decades later, I still regret selling it.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

steve_p 14 1.2k England
30 Nov 2019 7:44PM
My favourite film SLR has to be the Pentax ME Super, which the one recommended to replace a Chinon (Dixons own) manual camera.
I had it for many years until I went down the Canon DSLR road.
In advancing age I tried out Mirrorless, to save weight. I never took to it, though.
Now have another Canon !
manxmaid 16 38 Isle of Man
1 Dec 2019 5:57PM
Favourite or oldest? My first was a Voigtlander Vito B that my grandfather sold to me for a couple of weeks pocket money as he said that would make me value it more than if he just gave it to me. He was probably right and I still have it; a lovely little silver film camera that would be right up there in my top 3.

My recent favourite would be either the Nikon D700, which was my first full frame digital camera that I used to take some of my all-time favourite images and was a joy to handle. The other candidate would be the Fuji X-T2. I have the X-T3 now but the X-T2 was my first Fuji and brought the fun back into photography for me after I got tired of carrying the FF Nikon gear and sometimes left it behind. The Fuji gear goes everywhere with me and I love the handling and the results.

Great idea for a thread Smile
saltireblue Plus
9 9.9k 38 Norway
1 Dec 2019 7:01PM

Quote: I have the X-T3 now but the X-T2 was my first Fuji and brought the fun back into photography for me after I got tired of carrying the FF Nikon gear and sometimes left it behind.

SO many people say the same about Fuji X-range cameras - including myself.
SlowSong Plus
11 8.4k 30 England
1 Dec 2019 8:08PM
I got an xt2 but took it back as i couldn't get on with it.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.